I'm Sad

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I have 2 children in my daycare...19 months and 7 months. So I got a Scenera to have on hand for days when I might need to go someplace...and obviously only take 1.

Well the 19 month old is too tall to RF in it! And we have someplace to go tomorrow...so he'll be FF in the center. :(

Susan

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

That is one tall 19 month old you have. My 17 month old still has about 3-4 inches above his head. Is there anyway you could take it back & get a EFTA?? Then he could still be RF in it? Just a thought that might work for you. It would still fit both the 19 m/o & the 7 m/o & last you longer RF for both! Good Luck! I would be sad to if I had to turn him!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I've only had children here for about a month, so funding is tight. So getting the EFTA is a no go currently. I put him in it in Target and he didn't seem to have much more room for RF in it either. I'll have to try him one more time before we actually leave in the morning. He'll be on the top slot FF---and once he's out of that, I'll get a GN. He's about 35" over all, with a 13" torso...must have a tall head too. Daddy is tall.

Susan

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I am having a hard time visualizing a kid with a 13" torso being too tall to RF :confused: He must have a huge head.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I took a pic...and he's probably on the edge of having to FF. I was able to reinstall the seat with more recline--but not too much, so when he settles down in it's barely doable. I have a meeting tomorrow with one of my CPSI's so I'll get her opinion too. But really...I think I have to turn him.

I took the pic on my phone and it hasn't shown up in my email yet.

Didn't Splash's son have to be turned FF before 2 yrs too ?

Susan

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Holy moly! That is one tall 19 month old. How much does he weigh? I'm picturing him as really tall and skinny. DS1 has a really big head and I do think that could make the difference if his torso is only 13".

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
He's all of about 25 or 26 pounds...he looks like his daddy just spit him out.

24 months onesies are a bit snug through the torso and he wears 18 month pants just fine.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC