Ashley Floral or Funky Denim?????

super_grape

Well, I ordered a MA for my dd in AF and it didn't come in.
The baby store tells me that they are expecting it w/their
next Britax shipment which won't be until the middle of December.
However, sometimes they are a bit late.

Right now Katie is in a RA. She has plenty of growing room for
now...I'm not worried about her getting too tall for the seat within
the next month or two. But it's a US RA and I want legal CDN seats.
Also, I'm due Jan 24th so when this baby comes she'll go outboard
and I really wanted to flip her back around rfing (she's too tall to rf
in the RA).

So should I buy the funky denim which is available now and will match
the infant seat we're buying (snugride in Colby) or wait for the amazingly
cute ashley floral????

Also...is the denim as cushy as the plush covers or is it stiff? Will it fade
and look terrible or just look like a pair of jeans?
Does anyone know if the ashley floral will be around for a bit? I plan on buying
#2 a MA when he/she outgrows the snugride so I could always get it then.

Who would have thought choosing a cover style would be so perplexing!!!!

TIA!
Holly :D

ADS

super_grape

She's a TALL 2 year old :) ...RF her head's just over the top
and FF she has MAYBE 1/2 inch at the MOST until she's
too tall to use the seat all together.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hm, the carseat obsessed dilemma - to match or to go for the cutest pattern possible?! :D I'm not sure what I'd do ... I like the idea of the seats matching (I love that the Recaro Young Sport is going to exactly match my vehicle, blue & black, LOL) but I'm also really looking forward to the day when I can afford to replace our Husky cover with the fancier Regent cover :p So, I'm juts not much help - sorry ... plus, I've heard that "wilder" patterns, like the Ashley Floral, "hides" stains easier than monotone colors :)

Kellyr2

The fabric issue is getting to me too! LOL My debate is between getting another Husky in the marina plush or getting a regent in the blue floral. And see - I'm not even deciding between 2 different seats and I can't decide! LOL I'll probably wind up going with the husky marina, especially if the prices on them drop after the regent comes out.

Tara

Aaaaah welcome to the wonderful world of Britax cover options LOL Yes, we all love the choices, yet, we find ourselves fretting over them too Why DO we torture ourselves so hehe

How about getting the seat you want/need now and ordering the snazzy cover for it. Getting that in just 'whenever' Would be nice to have a spare anywho, right? You know, if you can afford to do that. Heck, if I could afford a spare cover for every seat, I know I'd do it.

super_grape

Well, I ended up getting the Funky Denim!
And I LOVE IT! Surprise, surprise..lol.

They also just got the Snugride in Colby so
I got a chance to see how they look together
and of coarse they look great , which silly
as it may seem was a big thing for me...altho
I know many here will understand :D !

When #2 outgrows the Snugride and if it's
still available, I'll get the next MA in Ashley Floral.

Oh...another plus was that my DH loved the denim
too (altho, he kept trying to stear me towards all
the Cosco seats that were on sale :rolleyes: ), you'd
think he'd know better by now!

Anyhow...THANKS! for all your thoughts.

Holly

Tara

LOL *rolling eyes* silly hubbies sometimes, I tell ya ;)
Glad you solved your 'dilemma' Whew! Deep breath now, the stress is over :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC