What do you think you'll end up with? Frontier or Nauti+Monterey?

mamaofthree

For those of us that don't feel comfortable using the Nauti in booster mode because it doesn't latch, and assuming that the Frontier will, what do you think you'll do? Use the Nauti for the harness and buy the Monterey for the booster later? Or just go with the Frontier? I have and love the Nauti for my oldest and already plan on doing the Monterey after she outgrows the harness but my other dd is close to outgrowing her Triumph and I have to make a choice for her at some point not too far away. I guess it really depends on supply and timing for one, but assuming all seats are readily available, what do you think? The price comes out the same either way.

Kimberly

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I want to see kids in the Frontier in the tallest booster mode who NEED that height. I think their shoulders are going to be terribly squished, but I could be wrong.

I love that the Monterey adjusts all over the place, so that's what I'm getting for dd (she is 7.5 and too big for any harnessed seat except the Husky (which she only has a half inch of grow room in, I think she is too tall for the Regent since the newer ones have shorter slots than the Husky did), she is tall and I really LOVE the way the Monterey looks, but I didn't pre-order (probably a blessing in disguise) so I'll get to SEE kids in it too before I do place an order. You just never know how long a seat will TRULY last until you see a LOT of kids in it and get a LOT of reviews.

I have a Nautilus, but ds doesn't like it right now. He LOVES his Decathlon - it has a Blue Fido cover on it and he calls it his "Blues Clues Carseat", so I don't know if he really doesn't like the Nautilus or he just prefers his blue cover LOL. FWIW he feels the same way about the Radian as he does about the Nautilus.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm planning on keeping my Radians and then moving up to Montereys, unless someting new and better hits the market in the next few years.

ETA: I expect she'll be harnessed in the Radians until she's somewhere around 8, and I don't think I would feel the need to buy a new harnessed seat at that age.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I'll be buying the Frontier if it ends up being all that it is cracked up to be! I think the Nautilus is so ugly and that is why I would never buy one since I have other options.:eek:

zactayaus

I'm considering all 3. Well actually we have ds in a GN right now which we love. I have a second GN unopened in a box that I got a good deal on waiting to see how everyone likes the frontier. I am also considering the monterey for my dd who will be 10 in less then 2 mon. As for letting ds use the GN in booster mode. I won't be making that decision for another 2 or 3 years.

abacus2

I'm not opposed to using the Nautilus as a booster. However, the Nautilus is a fabulous harnessed seat and the Montery looks like it will be a nicer booster than the Frontier so that's the combination that makes sense to me.

mcomommy

Either a Frontier or a Regent. I won't use the Frontier as a booster (I would rather pass it down and buy a Monterey when the time comes) so I am leaning towards Regent, we will see though because the harness adjuster and ease of install might win me over to the Frontier side, just depends mostly on the difference in harness height when installed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC