• Forward-Face

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Other, please post.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lovinwaves

New 2 seater Cadillac Convertible. Dual Stage Airbag

2 1/2 year old, 28lbs.

Assuming they needed to ride in the vehicle. Would you ff them, or rf them?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Well, I would say try RFing. If it doesn't work well, though, I wouldn't feel guilty about FFing her. :)

ETA: Never mind. I just reread the post. It is a two-seater. Duh! I didn't read carefully. :eek:

FF her!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Oops, I just realized how snarky my comment sounded, especially when responding to someone with 6,000 posts (which I didn't notice). :eek: No snark or know-it-all-ness intended, really!

crunchierthanthou

I don't trust smart airbags for rf, either. I would ff him- especially at 2.5. If he was younger I would find any way I could to have him ride in a different vehicle, but ff if there just wasn't another option (assuming he was within the legal limits to ff). Although, I'd probably have a panic attack under 18 months or so.

Does it have a tether anchor?

lovinwaves

Does it have a tether anchor?

Pretty sure it doesn't. I would probably install the Radian over the Marathon.

Now...what about the different height positions of the Radian vs. Marathon(in regards to a side impact crash)? :question: This car literally sits inches off the ground.

crunchierthanthou

is this an XLR? what year?

04-05 had LA and airbag had an on/off switch.

for 06-07, the LATCH manual says-

No Top Tethers or LA, no switch. (bolding theirs)

you said new, right? unless they changed it back for 08, the airbag is active.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Definitely ff.

I'd be inclined to go Radian - lower head excursion value (remember no safe-stop if not top tethered,) and the lower profile to me seems like it would be a good thing because he'd be further back from the airbag just because the seat doesn't stick out as far, and being lower would enclose the seat more by what protective cage it does have. If the MA lifted him up more into the window area I would see that as less SIP. Plus the Radian would also sit slightly further away from the door due to the narrower profile.

And based on what Dave said in the SK chat, they do do SIP testing on the Radian. And it's steel frame has to count for something too I'd think.

So yeah, my vote would be 100% for the radian installed ff'ing.

skaterbabs

Well, I would say try RFing. If it doesn't work well, though, I wouldn't feel guilty about FFing her. :)

ETA: Never mind. I just reread the post. It is a two-seater. Duh! I didn't read carefully. :eek:

FF her!

:yeahthat: I don't trust the airbag sensors.

Loves2sing

Definitely ff.

So yeah, my vote would be 100% for the radian installed ff'ing.

I completley agree. I think that he is close enough to to weight limits to be comfortable FF, and I would want him to be as far back from the airbag as possible. I wouldn't even consider going RF in this scenario. If I wasn't comfortable having him FF, I wouldn't be willing to let him have a ride with Papa in the new car until he was a little bit bigger.:twocents:

I would also go with the Radian as it sits a lot lower, and I would just feel much more comfortable with that for some reason. I am not sure why, but my instincts would have me choose the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC