Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Anyone still find FPSVD??

Uh-oh! I emailed you yesterday Judi. I paid for all three that were in the FL store and paid for them to be shipped to the Georgia store. Do they only have two for me? I can't get a manager on the phone until 1.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

They should have had two in boxes and one floor model. I had asked repeatedly for all three to be set aside for me.

Judi, you are so awesome! It seems my innocent little post made a LOT of work for you. We do appreciate it though.

I just went back to my baby depot and had the manager call FL herself to confirm shipment of all three seats. (two in boxes and one floor model in tan tech). They gave her a lot of trouble but then said they will ship all three on Monday. I hope the DOM isn't too bad but anything not expired is an improvement at this moment.

I should have them in GA by Wed. They charged me $4 per seat for shipping! I thought they were mistaken but they called transfer and that was the right price.

And I know I sound greedy but two of the seats are going to people who really need them as a safe primary seat. (I have been worried sick about my niece in an expired garage sale seat for several months. They can finally afford to replace it........I'm gonna tear up that other one myself!) The other is going to my greedy self

I thought about getting one myself, but I want a regent or husky now.

I sent you a pm Judi.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

If anyone finds extras, I will pay for you to ship one to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Ok, I have 2 on hold plus the floor model, under my name in Hialeah, FL.

Others that may have them, or the computer could just be wrong:

Glen Oaks, NY
    Indianapolis, IN
    Laredo, TX
    Torrance, CA

I will call more tommorrow, the stores I didn't call today.
    Hi Judy...

Don't know if its too late but can you please check if there are any left at the Glen Oaks store?
    I can go later on tonight.

Thanks so much!!
    EVIE Proud Mommy to my 2 Beautiful Girls:
    My amazing DAVANI 3YO 39" 39# & My sweet almost 18YO ELYSSA

I think I called them today, and they said they didn't have it, but I will being trying again tommorrow! The IND. store said they had two, and only shipped one so far (sorry, it is taken). Arrggg! I want brownies girls!!

I tried calling Laredo TX, but the language barrier seemed to be a problem.

I called Laredo too. Got someone that English was their first language. They should have 2, but they can not fine any.

Thanks so much Judi. I got the seats today. Everyone is way excited to get their kids in new seats. I got circus dots with a DOM 1/2006. Fine by me for $29.99!! The Albeebaby seats are 6/2007 for $139. I think I did great. Thanks again for all your help. PS if anyone wants to trade me your FPSVD cover for http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-V...780029&sr=8-10
    Looks like circus dots but they call it tan tech.
    Last edited by Rosey; 04-09-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Your welcome!

I do have a a couple more seats coming. I don't need anyone else for my list. I do not have enough for everyone. They have cut off transfers, due to inventory. No transfers can be done until May 31st. After inventory and Lifesavers, I can check stores again. Except for Holly's seat, all will be floor models. I had the other store inspect, and then I will inspect as well. Here is what I have so far. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Holly
    munchkin
    bethng
    AlmostFive
    hockeywoman
    *Spoiledinmyhouseofblue*
    ali's mom
    I LOVE MY GIRLS
    Ryland&jacob'smom

That is so nice of you, Judi, to do this for people!

A little OT, but I remember when the FP Safe Embrace was discontinued in 2001. I scored three from different Walmarts for around $89, I think. Then for some dumb reason, decided I didn't need one of them and took it back. By the time I realized I DID need a third seat, of course, it was gone. I ended up with a AO from Costco. I'm STILL using the FPSE seats!

Carseat Crazy

I am still VERY interested in a seat if you are able to find one for me. Thanks SO MUCH for doing this!!!

I do have a a couple more seats coming. I don't need anyone else for my list. I do not have enough for everyone. They have cut off transfers, due to inventory. No transfers can be done until May 31st. After inventory and Lifesavers, I can check stores again. Except for Holly's seat, all will be floor models. I had the other store inspect, and then I will inspect as well. Here is what I have so far. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Holly
    munchkin
    bethng
    AlmostFive
    hockeywoman
    *Spoiledinmyhouseofblue*
    ali's mom
    I LOVE MY GIRLS
    Ryland&jacob'smom

Holly
    munchkin
    bethng
    AlmostFive
    hockeywoman
    *Spoiledinmyhouseofblue*
    ali's mom
    I LOVE MY GIRLS
    Ryland&jacob'smom
    Hi Judi..

Thanks so much for taking th time out to do this. I still am also interested so please let me know when you know.
    EVIE Proud Mommy to my 2 Beautiful Girls:
    My amazing DAVANI 3YO 39" 39# & My sweet almost 18YO ELYSSA

You are way down on the list Evie, but I will keep you there. there is always a possibility, right?

Thank you so much Judi! You are awesome!
    Sorry this has brought on so much work for you!
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

That's ok. Holly, I am hoping your seat is at my store by Friday. I work in the afternoon. Lifesavers is Sunday-Tuesday, inventory is Tuesday and Wednesday. That is when i don't want to ship anything out. So this Friday, or wait for next Friday. I sure hope, this Friday.

I even talked to one store manager, and begged to get his floor model. I brought up the point that they have had this seat long enough. I can't believe they transfered it to me for $59.99! Not $29.99. I have to fix when I get it.

Anyone have a stock number (and aren't the stock numbers the same from store to store?) Last week I stopped by the closest Baby Depot and they made a few calls for me. I had to get home so I didn't have time to wait for the new guy and the lady who doesn't work in the baby department to figure out what I was talking about.

thanks! Diane