What seats to take on vacation

Michi

We are pondering going on a vacation this spring, (flying,) and of course the first thing that pops into my mind is...what seats will we take?
There are 6 of us, plus luggage and a stroller, and so I really don't want to lug a bunch of heavy car seats.

At home, my kids are riding in a MA, a Regent, and 2 Monarchs....and we are flying, so basically I could only use the MA - right? (and DH does not even want to take the MA because he's worried that it would get damaged in travel) We were thinking of getting a Scenera for the youngest, but what should I do for the other kids?
They are 5 yrs (42 lbs), 8 yrs (54 lbs) and 10 yrs (68 lbs).

I was thinking backless boosters for the older two(?) But I don't know what to do for the 5 yr old? Should I put her in a HBB for the trip, or keep her harnessed? Also, Should we 'pack' the boosters for the older kids, or buy some when we get there?

Any suggestions?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmmm...

A will fit in a Scenera? That's good. The Scenera is a good travel seat! :)

Do you think K will sit properly in a HBB? If so, I would seriously contemplate putting her in one. If not, you may have to bring the MA and put her in it (if she fits, of course). If not, would she fit in a Radian? :)

I would think that J and J would do well with LBBs (as long as there is head support in your rental car, of course). They are old enough to properly sit. :)

Michi

I think that K would still fit in the MA.

I 'think' that she would also sit alright in a HBB if I 'paired her up' in the car with my 10 yr old. We are looking at the same model van that we currently have at home, and it does have headrests, :thumbsup:

(Unfortunately, I don't think I could get DH to go for a Radian...he really doesn't like that seat) :(
I 'might' get him to go for a GN though...(?) Do you know if they are FAA approved?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think they are FAA approved. I will go check! :)

ETA: all sources I found said it is FAA-approved. :thumbsup:

nisi

Senior Community Member
Not that I'd ever try to talk you out of a new seat ;) but I have a RSTV you could borrow. Although, it's the large so it might be too big. But if it would fit, that thing rocks for travel!

Michi

Not that I'd ever try to talk you out of a new seat ;) but I have a RSTV you could borrow. Although, it's the large so it might be too big. But if it would fit, that thing rocks for travel!

Ooooooo! I just may take you up on that (if it would fit her ???)
Thanks for the offer! ( We still haven't finalized our trip plans - working on the financial aspects of it :rolleyes:) I'll let you know if we do decided to go, though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC