Another Booster question-

simpleejo

:confused:Hi! I posted before about getting my 5 yr. old (almost 6) daughter a booster being she will be out of her Marathon very soon. I am opting for a Britax booster definetly. The only other thing I am wondering is that would it be wiser to get the Regent instead being it has the 5pt. harness up to 80lbs? I know it's a bit pricey being my daughter is already going to be 6, but saftey is my #1. I was doing some reading last night, and came across the terrible story about the little boy who died in a car crash, in a booster, because the seatbelt failed.(I am sure you all have read it also) This terrified me now on what to do.
My 2 1/2 yr. old will be going out of his Triumph and I would like to do the regent for him being it will get long time usage....although I will probably temp. put him in her Marathon being it doesnt expire till Jan. next yr.
Thanks!!!

ADS

keri1292

You could get a Regent now and use it for dd until ds outgrows the Marathon, then move her to a booster. Ds would be about 8-8½ when the Regent expired. :thumbsup:

Edit: I just noticed that your MA expires in Jan. I'd do the same and decide in Jan if you're going to replace the MA depending on how much room ds has to grow in it and how dd fits in the Regent AND if you plan on having another child.

U

Unregistered1

I'd probably go with a Regent over a Britax booster. In addition to the added safety of the five point harness, kids tend to find it more comfortable than the boosters (I love Britax dearly but I've heard so many complaints about boosters!). One thing to keep in mind though is that the Regent is BIG, so if space is an issue you might have to take some extra considerations. I love it though and your younger child will be able to use it too so it is a worthy investment :)

jwren

why not look into the new Britax frontier, there is a thread about it in coffee break hth...

I'd probably go with a Regent over a Britax booster. In addition to the added safety of the five point harness, kids tend to find it more comfortable than the boosters (I love Britax dearly but I've heard so many complaints about boosters!). One thing to keep in mind though is that the Regent is BIG, so if space is an issue you might have to take some extra considerations. I love it though and your younger child will be able to use it too so it is a worthy investment :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC