I just got ripped off!

tjham

I love Walmart but... :rolleyes:

I was so excited to finally find a Nautilus (DOM 2-22-08)!
But the price was $159.98, not the $149.98 I was expecting.
I hesitated, but figured I remembered incorrectly.
So I bought it.

Then I checked all the sites that sell it and it is consistantly $149.99.

I'll be taking mine back (it's the principle of the thing!) unless you think I can print off their website page and take it in to get a refund?

Will they say, that's their online price and too bad?

Darn, I wanted to rip into the box tomorrow...

Last edited:
ADS

sfeitler

Print out their website page and take it in. Since you can ship-to-store and pay the website price + tax, I can't see why they woud price it higher in-store.

-Sarah

Holly

You can try to get the price adjustment but I don't know if they will let you.
I work at Walmart and if it were me, I'd fix it for you, but I work with some people who say "We don't price match online or other Walmart's" So it all depends on who you get to help you.

keri1292

Wal-Marts prices are different from store to store. I'm not sure why. I can get a CD for 9.99 at one store, but it's 12.99 at the one ten minutes away. :rolleyes:

Airforcemomma

Most Walmarts are individually owned , and each owner can set their own prices for their store. I would take the online page to the store and see what they say. I know my Walmart will price match anything they can see as long as it's exactly the same item and in stock at the location they are price matching against.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They overcharged me for butter the other day...supposed to be 2 for 3$, and it rang up as the usual 2.28 for one... :p

What did the tag on the shelf say? I suppose that was the only thing you can trust...if it was 149, it's worth the talk to the front desk.

keri1292

Most Walmarts are individually owned , and each owner can set their own prices for their store. I would take the online page to the store and see what they say. I know my Walmart will price match anything they can see as long as it's exactly the same item and in stock at the location they are price matching against.

They're actually not individually owned. But, prices are set by the Home Office not each store itself. The individual stores have little power over prices/markdowns/even ordering. It's all automatic.

keri1292

They're actually not individually owned. But, prices are set by the Home Office not each store itself. The individual stores have little power over prices/markdowns/even ordering. It's all automatic.

And if the pricetag doesn't match, they are supposed to give you the marked price and I think $3 for the trouble. At least, that used to be there policy.

Airforcemomma

It must be different in the US then because that is what I was told when I questioned the $10 price difference on a compass booster between 2 stores. Each store sets there own prices. At least in Canada they do. Customer service wouldn't even match the price from the other store, so I had to pay the $10 more.

mish

When I bought my Nautilus the sticker on it said 149.99 but the shelf tag said 154.99. I knew what other Wal-marts were selling it for, plus what the tag said. I pointed it out to them and they gave it to me for 149.99. They weren't thrilled about it, but I don't care. My husband was rather mortified that I was haggling!

Connor's Mom

And, it may just be me but $10 is not really that big a deal as far as making a special trip back to the store. :shrug-shoulders: Especially considering how hard these seats have been to find.

agurlsride

I love Walmart but... :rolleyes:

I was so excited to finally find a Nautilus (DOM 2-22-08)!
But the price was $159.98, not the $149.98 I was expecting.
I hesitated, but figured I remembered incorrectly.
So I bought it.

Then I checked all the sites that sell it and it is consistanly $149.99.

I'll be taking mine back (it's the principle of the thing!) unless you think I can print off their website page and take it in to get a refund?

Will they say, that's their online price and too bad?

Darn, I wanted to rip into the box tomorrow...

they will price match...i got mine yesterday at the WM in Mesa for $159 also...I would have had them price match but it was something I had to go to the "site to store" counter for and I was in a hurry....

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Isn't the Bravo cover exclusive to WalMart -- so it wouldn't be exactly the same seat and not qualify for a price match?

If the price on the shelf tag was $159.98, and that's what the seat rang up as, I don't know how you got "ripped off".

I'm sorry if this comes across crankier than I intended it.

sfeitler

Isn't the Bravo cover exclusive to WalMart -- so it wouldn't be exactly the same seat and not qualify for a price match?

If the price on the shelf tag was $159.98, and that's what the seat rang up as, I don't know how you got "ripped off".

I'm sorry if this comes across crankier than I intended it.

But she'd be asking them to match their own online price, the price she would pay if she had done site-to-store instead of buying it off the shelf.

-Sarah

jka1217

They were marked $159.99 at the Wal-Mart where my parents live. I thought that was bad until I talked to a friend in Washington state who said her Wal-Mart has had them for about $178 since they came out. :thumbsdown:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Why is there a price difference between Wal-Mart stores?

Prices may vary from store to store because each store is required to manage its own inventory. Therefore, a manager may lower a price to clear out an overstock item, to reward customers with an in-store sale, or to compete with local merchants. It is not our policy to price match our own stores or our online service since we are not in competition with ourselves. If you would like more information on pricing policy, you may contact your local store management.

Why are prices different in the store vs. online?

The merchandise and prices available on our Web site do not reflect the merchandise and prices available in our stores. Our stores will not match prices with our online store (or other online stores) because we do not consider them to be in competition with our retail stores. Currently, we do not have access to store inventory lists or price lists at this Web site. Please contact your local Wal-Mart store manager for more information and availability.
http://walmartstores.com/317.aspx

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I don't know how close your store is to you but also take into consideration the gas you will spend getting to & from the store too. It might be worth it to keep the current one b/c by the time you take it back to return it. Then do the site to store and then drive there & back you might have just spent your $10 in gas.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC