Just got a call....

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Warning: here goes my rant!

Back in AUGUST my '05 Escape Hybrid went in for it's 1st oil change - the morons at the dealership treated it like a normal Escape & so 1 hour out of the shop (& many miles from home as I was on my way to NYC) the RPMs surged into the red, then stalled out on the thruway & a huge electric ! flashed on my dashboard, telling me to "Pull over safely now" :eek: The back window was covered with oil! I still have my manufacturer warrantee so they towed it to the closest dealer who later towed it back to my local deadler; the tow guy also took me to the nearest bus station so I could continue on my trip @@

I was given a regular Escape loaner, which I had for 2 months ... when I got my car back I asked them to thoroughly test it out because I had to go down to NYC again - sure enough the same exact problem :mad: So, now they've had it another month & I decided to contact an attorney, then called the dealership & told them what I'd been advised - they have to refund my $ or make a fair exchange.... They're willing to make an exchange & I'm going down to look at their options - I'm pretty much planning on only settling for another AWD hybrid or the Freestyle :eek: But, really, I just want my $ back!!!!! Then I could pay off my other loans & get a cheaper AWD car from my fiance's BIL who is a dealer without accruing any debt *SIGH*

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Update

So, I don't know if the problem with my Escape Hybrid is a freakish occurrance or what - I believe it's just a matter of me being the 1st to bring it in for the oil change & the dealership failed to properly train the employees ... but, they sure know now! :eek:

Anyway, I went down last night & told them right off the bat that my choice is to get a refund or the same exact vehicle. They don't have anymore hybrids & actually, I don't have legal standing to force them to give me a refund yet because as it turns out the manufacturer told them it is fixable, but they just want to use it for Research & Design purposes - so since this was only their 2nd attempt to fix (not the 4th as applies to the Lemon Law) my only choice was to get the exchange or refuse it & keep using their random loaners until I got mine back.

I decided to look at the options of vehicles for exchange - they only had 2: a really stripped down 2005 Escape with the same miles as mine or a fully loaded 2004 Escape with only 10 thousand more miles than mine ... I went for the fully loaded :rolleyes: Rear sensor, moon roof, leather, heated seats, theft package, rust/salt package, 6 disk changer, etc. - none of which mine had ... I figure that when I'm ready these will be great selling points & I'm just so much happier having my own vehicle than loaner after loaner after loaner *SIGH* Plus they gave me a $3,000 refund check after I complained about the lack of side curtain airbags & lap only belt rear center - it does have side airbags for the front, but not the back like mine did =( It also have 3 top tether anchors for the back seat, though & a net attached to the tie down hooks in the cargo area, plus tinted windows =)

When I test drove it we only had the Husky & the sales guy was really impressed by it, LOL & actually asked if I could show him how to install/use it :p But, then I got the Boulevard out of my vehicle & that's what's installed now, rear-center. Since we'll be handing that down to preemie baby Elfie & my fiance is getting an older vehicle with lap belt & no side airbags, too, I decided to buy the Recaro Young Sport combination seat - the Husky will be outboard in his car until she outgrows the Recaro harness, then the Recaro will be used as a spare in his ... I have some questions about seating arrangement of the Recaro with 2 other kids in mine, but will be posting in the carseat forum instead....

KeikiHula

Well, I'm glad you at least got some closure to this whole mess. Are you still going to try and sell it now that you have a tenant? I think for the average person, all the extra do-dads are more of a selling feature than all the safety features, sad to say...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Exactly. I will be selling it eventually, but not until I move & before I can do that (in a year or so) I need to find someone who will rent-to-own my house....

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Aaaargh!!!!!

My lawyer called me yesterday to tell me that he forgot to say that part of the Lemon Law here is that I should be given a refund or exchange if the vehicle is in the shop for over 30 days - I told him the 1st time that it had been in for 2 flippin' months & he said that didn't matter! :mad:

So now I've exchanged vehicles - same monthly payment, buying gas almost twice as often & the insurance premium actually went up $50 more a month :eek:

The lawyer said he'll review the paperwork I signed to see if I might still be able to give them back this vehicle & get a total refund for my Hybrid (minus normal wear & tear).... Please wish me luck as I can NOT afford to keep this vehicle now & only just realized (DUH!) that if I sell it I won't make nearly enough to pay off my loan on it yet I also won't qualify for a loan to pay off the different - renting out part of my house isn't going so well :(

Ugh!!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC