is this a conflict of interest?

2wild

Well, I'm starting to think my calling is in passenger safety :)
I'm still too tired from the little one, so I have neither the brain power nor the energy, but I was thinking when I'm back in the swing of things, I'd like to
get my certification and maybe open a little shop in town for car seats only.
Is that allowed? Or is that considered a huge conflict of interest?
I've just come to realize during my research that there is a real need for a local, one-stop, car seat info and buying depot, and I'd love to help the community in that way. This is a project that would be years in the making, but do y'all think it's worth pursuing? Or do I need to pick one or the other?
Thanks for your thoughts! :love:

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My understanding is that it is not necessarily a conflict of interest exactly, but if you are representing yourself as a professional instead of a volunteer, you will need to structure your insurance differently.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
My understanding is that it is not necessarily a conflict of interest exactly, but if you are representing yourself as a professional instead of a volunteer, you will need to structure your insurance differently.

Exactly!

There are many stores like Right Start that have techs on staff. You will just need to make sure your liability insurance is step up for this. Also always let the parent do the installation. Never let your hands be the last one to touch the seat and document the heck out anything that you have the parents do to help achive an acceptable install.

2wild

Thank you both for the great info! Yikes! You can tell how tired I am by
how nervous that makes me. These days I'm lucky if I get to brush my
teeth every morning, so this is all too much for right now. But good to
know for when I start dreaming of someday.... :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC