Harness for Booster- anything available like this

debsten

Hi,

I was recently in Australia and they had a cool thing there that I was wandering if there was anything like it here.

It is a Harness that you can use with a booster seat or without. Basically it attaches to the top tether of the car and come downs to form an H on the child and then the Lap portion of the belt goes through two slots and plugs into the regular seat belt. Was great because it could be used with a lap only belt or with a lap/shoulder belt, although with the lap shoulder belt you used a locking clip to hold the shoulder portion down. It was a $30 item (By Britax Australia also known as Safe n Sound) that made a booster seat pretty much into a 5 point harness, but would be great for traveling. Other thing I found there is it seems all of there booster seats are made of 100% EPS foam so are incredibly light. I did buy one of these to bring back although know it isn't approved here but since we have one vehicle with lapbelt only in the middle if it came down to a ride (odd once chance I would think, hopefully won't ever be an issue) with a child in a lap only or using the harness I would use the harness, and we travel to Australia a Lot so is easy to throw in a suitcase.

So I wanted to know if there was anything similar here, I know of the vests but they are kind of pricey for the odd use but would love if there was something approved here.

Hope the description makes sense, I could scan the photo on the instruction manual if not, there was no photo on the Britax Australian website.

thanks
Debbie

Also I know I have read posts before about people living in Australia from here not finding Harnessed seats past 18kg (approx 38lbs) they know do them to at least 26kg (approx 57lb) according to the CPS person I spoke to and she also said all the seats are tested rear or Forward facing which was interesting. Although in Australia most kids turn FF at 6 months.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey, you're back :)

I've seen that harness online, it's cool. The only thing we have like that is the Kid-Y from www.ezonpro.com. There's also the more adult-oriented 86-Y that you need to install a heavy duty tether anchor for, but it goes to 168 lbs... Papooses has one.
Glad to hear Australia's coming along with the higher weight seats, finally!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hi :cool: Yep, we have both the Kid-Y with the RideRyte & the 86-Y ... my 3 y.o. uses the Kid-Y/RideRyte in the middle of my dad's 1999 F250 truck when no one else is in the back. When there are more of us riding in the back, she uses the Husky outboard, big sis outboard in Parkway & I sit in the middle with the 86-Y harness as a good example, LOL :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC