Where should I get the TrueFit?

leighi123

So I just spend a half hour trying to figure out where I should get it from - I want 'sporty blue' and the best deal possible.

Im not sure when I will need it but probably soon - - Levi is 18lbs and 26" in a snugride

Heres his seat now -

carseat.jpg

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Just thought I'd say that it looks like he still has a lot of room in his SnugRide. I realize his head is off to the side, but I'm thinking he's got at least 2" of growing room. How old is he?

leighi123

he is 8.5 months old. He is pretty short in the torso so I do think he has some growing room (2" is probably about right) -
I probably wont get it for another month or so -

My parents are buying him his next seat (online somewhere unless I can find it locally, which I havent been able to yet) and said I could get 'whatever I think is safest' so, because my car is pretty small (its a 97' subaru outback), I think the truefit would be best for us and last the longest because of the removable headrest thing.
He has been wanting to sit more upright in the car and gets mad when I have to make him lay at the angle of the infant seat - we are using it without the base because I cant get it to fit right with it, so I cant adjust the angle of the seat to be more upright.
Also we have never ever used the 'carrier' feature (I make baby carriers myself), so if he would be more comfy in a convertable I'd rather have him in that when we can get it.
Besides dh doesnt like the pink!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Didn't the blue just recently become available? If so, that might be why you are having a tough time finding it in store. Do you have ToysRUs/BabiesRUs? If so, give them a call and see if your store is getting it in soon. Buying locally is nice just because you can return it if it doesn't work for you (assuming the place you buy from has a return policy for carseats).

leighi123

I tried at BRU about a week ago - they had no clue what the seat even was and suggested a ff graco seat for Levi!!! :)eek: um no).

(oh and while I was there the same employee tried to sell the same seat to another family who had a tiny 10month old and they put it in their cart to buy! - - once that guy left I talked to them and suggested the evenflo triumph advance and told them about ERF - they bought the seat and told me they would do more research on it but thought ERf was a good idea... :) - - - I usually have a hard time talking to random strangers but for some reason I was able to talk to these people, and change their mind, so that was pretty cool for me)

The BRU people here are pretty bad when it comes to carseats...grr

I'll have to call them again and see if someone who knows what they are talking about can help.
I know the target here doesnt have the cappachino one yet either (I really dont like that color anyway...not that that should be important)

It would be nice to see the seat IRL and put Levi in it to see if he likes it too! The only convertables they have at BRU here are the alpha omega elite, evenflo triumph advance and the rest is all britax (I know they are popular but I dont like them for some reason...I dont know why)

leighi123

Ohhh and another question -
does anyone know if the trufit can be used on a plane? We do travel frequently and soon will be traveling overseas again as well (I grew up overseas)

If it doesnt, Im already planning on getting a much cheeper seat as a 'backup' for grandma's car anyways, so I would just have to make sure that one works on the plane.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC