OMGoodness, almost weight issue!

tl01

At DS's 2 year well visit today, the nurse put him on the scale... while he was screaming and stiff as a board. The digital scale locked in his weight at 37 lbs 1 oz. I almost had a heart attack. Not only would the True Fit I just ordered do us no good at 37 lbs for RFing, he would have been riding around in his 33 lb limit seat severely over the weight limit. I told the nurse that there is no way he ways that much and she looked at DS and said.. he's a big kid.. I bet he does. I weigh him at home every day and when at my mom's house I weigh him there too and the weights are always consistent. Plus, the last time he was weighed at their office he weighed about 30 lbs (2 months ago). Long story short... when the nurse wouldn't re-weigh him I took him over to the scale and did it on my own and then showed her he weighs 31lbs 13 ozs. Thanks goodness... I was already planning about how to reinstall the seat in the parking lot.

ADS

tcottawa

I have a kid with a major health issue, who had to have alot of weigh-ins and measurements taken as a baby, and I have to say, after a while I would just do it myself and give the nurses the measurements - they were just too busy to do it carefully, and I knew in my head if the measurement didn't "look" right.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
My son's measurements have been wrong at EVERY well baby visit! Luckily, his doctor pays attention. This last time, she got worried and said that he hadn't gained in height since his last visit, then she looked again and said, "Nope, these numbers are wrong." and re-did it, leaving him plotted just where he has been all along, in the 50% for height and weight. Does make you wonder abotu other mistakes!

Chameleon

Yikes! That's why I always weigh the kids before i take them in just to see if my scale is correct. It's always been spot on with the dr's scale.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC