Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question Which carseat for a plane ride?

We are taking a trip to Flordia next June and I was wondering what seat would be recommended.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Which carseat for a plane ride?

The age, weight, and torso height of your child would be helpful. Also, any seats you already own.
    Last edited by ketchupqueen; 08-08-2009 at 03:47 AM.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

My little girl is 30lbs and 38 inches and she will be 3 at the end of october. We have a Britax regent and a costco scencra.

Carseat Crazy

When we fly (which is VERY often, and it's usually just me and DD) we take our Boulevard CS and use a wheel attachment from Amazon.com. The car seat rolls just like a piece of luggage. The seat fits fine RFing on Delta in coach. The wheels have to be removed before you use the seat in the car, but they are very easy to attach and take off. The seat is heavy, but I just take DD out and someone on the plane always helps me carry the car seat to our seats on the plane.

Carseat Crazy

You can't use the Regent on the plane, but even if you could, I wouldn't want to lug that around. The Scenera is much lighter and portable, so assuming that she still fits the Scenera by height, I'd take the Scenera.

I wouldn't take the regent. That thing is heavy. I think she would out grow the scenera by height before then. Maybe the Graco Nautilis?

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Do you travel a lot? A couple of options to look at - Safeguard Go (possibly with Cares harness for on the plane), Ride Safer Travel vest (also with Cares), Radian, Nautilus. If she still fits in the Scenera that is also a good, lightweight seat to travel with, most kids outgrow it by height between ages 3 & 4 though. I think the Chase (or is it the Cargo) is a lighterweight 40lb FF seat that has higher slots than the Scenera, might be the cheapest option actually.

Ann