Another some people are clueless...

tlj

I was in my car today when a new model Honda Odyssey parked next to me. I looked over as the mom was taking the baby out (around 18 months is my guess) and noticed the seat was ff. Then I got a decent look at the seat...I am pretty sure it was a Fisher Price T-shield from the early/mid 1990s! :eek:
It is the same seat as on the second page top left picture on this link:
T-Shield PDF It had the metal tubing support in the back--just like this one.

Seriously, I am just stunned that this woman doesn't realize her child isn't safe in that seat. I wish I would have had an opportunity to say something to her.

ADS

fyrfightermomma

People just hang onto them...I've been told by parents at checks because they are so easy to use. Some have this ratcheting harness feature where it ratches back up into the seat to automatically tighten the harness for you. And they think that big giant shield sitting infront of their vulnerable little abdomens is great protection ;) The last fire dept. I worked for we had that as a seat in our ambulance for children until 2003 :eek:

Shaunam

I just saw a t-sheild the other day. I haven't seen one IRL since I was a kid. It was extremely old and the straps were so twisted they were like rope. I don't get it either. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC