3 car seats in a small car

S

saramick

"We are moving to the Azores and would like to take a smaller type of car. We will have a 5 year old, 3 year old and infant (rear facing) when we go. I need to find something that will work when we get there as well as something we can "grow" into. Any help with either the type of car seats to get (narrower?) or the type of car (wider?) would be great. We don't really want to take our mini-van with us as the cars get pretty beat up over there.

Thanks!
Sara

ADS

babychild taxi

Hi-I drive a 2002 Toyota Echo and can get a Radian FF, a Scenera or Regal Ride RF or FF, and a Britax Parkway booster across the back. I can also fit a Graco Cargo in the middle in place of the Scenera.

HTH

K.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I've had luck with 3-across in our VW Golf (two TurboBoosters and a Marathon). Radians are always a good bet because they are very narrow. You could probably get two for your older children and still use the infant seat; then when your oldest moves to a booster the infant could move to the Radian. When used rear-facing, though, the Radians tend to take up a lot of front-to-back space, so you might need something else when your infant outgrows the infant seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC