Why doesn't Graco...

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
sell the airbooster as a backless only model???

I bought one the other week because my 8 yr old neice fit poorly in my seatbelt. She's a tall solid girl...and just barely fits her bum in a regular TB, but I got this for her hips. I don't have SIP, and she does just barely fit by height. We were an hour from home and she fell asleep in it in less than 5 minutes. She doesn't ride in a booster typically, but was VERY excited that I got one for her to use!

The thing is--I have a daycare but the 2 children I currently watch are 19 m and 7 m....so they still RF with me. The baby does all the time, and the toddler is FF with everyone else. So I really don't have a NEED to keep a $90+tax booster. I need to go get a Scenera.

But I do want to keep an extra booster on hand in case I need to take a neice or nephew who aren't boostered in their parents car. I really like the air booster for bigger kids too...I just wish I could have bought it without the back.

Susan

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm TOTALLY agreeing with you on this... I 'need' a few new backless boosters to play with, and this would be one of them (also the Evenflo Confidence, I think it'd work in three across...also the Monterey, maybe even the Monarch...) :thumbsup:

musicmaj

I'm TOTALLY agreeing with you on this... I 'need' a few new backless boosters to play with, and this would be one of them (also the Evenflo Confidence, I think it'd work in three across...also the Monterey, maybe even the Monarch...) :thumbsup:

I haven't had any luck with the confidence in a three across in my car or 04 ody. It is so wide - 18.5 inches.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I agree, we should start asking. My DS uses his backless almost all the time. In backless mode it's got enough great features that it can be worth it to get it just for backless use - it's just annoying to have to pay extra for a back you won't use!

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
I called and asked....maybe more people should start calling and making the request?

I will. I asked a Sales Rep about it a long time ago when it first came out. At the time they had no plans that she knew of. My son also uses it backless and it is most definitely his favorite. My 12 yo non-boostered son even rode in it the other day for fun and said, "this is comfortable."

Have any of you tried (or own) a Herman Miller office chair?
You can get a good feel for how comfy the Airbooster is.

R.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Thanks for calling!!! Now if MORE people would...they certainly aren't going to do it for 3 of us...but if lots and lots make the request.

Susan

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I haven't had any luck with the confidence in a three across in my car or 04 ody. It is so wide - 18.5 inches.

Phew, thanks... saved me from the temptation of forking over $80+ bucks just to try it :thumbsup:

My friend has been able to do 3 across in her Caravan on the back bench with a Confidence, Radian, Confidence but it is a extremely tight fit.

musicmaj

wow! I am surprised! I could barely do ff radian, narrowest setting fpbooster, confidence across my ody third row. I could not do radian, backless turbo, confidence. I can't remember the other combos that I have tried.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC