Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diplomat status

Carseat Crazy

Diplomat status

I have a question regarding diplomatic status. Someone told me if one is a diplomat one has different laws and rules to abide by (something I forget the whole thing) but I was wondering if diplomats had to follow the same laws for car seats? For instance, a Canadian diplomat moves to Spain, can he still follow Canadas rules for car seats? Or must he follow Spains?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Diplomat status

LOL I thought it was going to be a question about the britax seat. I thought, "hey I have one of those, I might be able to answer that!"

Yeah, I have no idea.
    Shauna, mom to Adrian (9 yrs, 54" and 83 lbs), in an Evenflo Amp and Charlie (6 yrs, 42" and 35 lbs), in an Evenflo Titan 65.

Carseat Crazy

I tried to google diplomat and car seat- all I get is the diplomat car seat! oh well.

no idea, but good question....maybe check a gov't website
    Morgan
    Sage 12, Olivia 11, Enna 6 (ff TrueFit), Imogen 4.5 (ff Marathon)

Carseat Crazy

I might even check call the foreign service, or call the Canadian embassy in Spain ...

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    I might even check call the foreign service, or call the Canadian embassy in Spain ...
    Call your embassy or consulate and ask. Or check their website - you'd be amazed what you can find online if you just keep searching. If you are a diplomat, or diplomat's dependent, you should have a liaison or ombudsman at the embassy/consulate who can answer these questions for you. Are you a European living in a different EU country or a non-EU citizen living in Europe (deduced EU residence from other posts)? I think that makes a difference. I think it also matters if you're in a diplomatic vehicle or a private (not tagged as diplomatic) vehicle.

My two cents? Follow the most stringent laws - you can't go wrong with being too safe, y'know?