What do you think is better, the Britax Regent or Frontier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I'm wondering if I should wait for the Frontier.

I like that the Frontier has Side Impact Protection...the Regent does not.

So to me, it seems like the better car seat would be the Frontier.

Can someone give me their thoughts otherwise?

Thanks.

Susan

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The Regent does have side-impact protection, it's just different.

It's pretty pointless to compare them at this point - everything we've heard about the Frontier is just rumors, and may turn out to be completely different once it's actually released.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Unfortunately, it's all guesses and bets at this point, since no one has actually seen a Frontier in real life. If you need a seat today, don't hesitate to buy a Regent, but if you can wait a couple months, I'd wait and see if the Frontier is as good as we are all hoping it will be. (We have a Frontier Speculation Thread you might want to read with all the info we know so far).
:)

firemomof3

I'm planning on going to a baby expo. this weekend in Boston and the Frontier should be there. I'll take lots of pictures and measurements and post them Friday night! :thumbsup:
So far, I'm not all that impressed with the Frontier either after having the GN. But, who knows :shrug-shoulders:

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Susan, there's a thread dedicated to what we know (and suspect and want to know) about the Frontier here.

kphil

For those who aren't impressed with the Frontier, can you share your reasons why? I'm trying to hold out for it to hit the shelves before choosing between the Frontier and the Nautilus. I'm even considering replacing our Regent with one as well, if I like it. I like the head wings (both my girls--5 and 8yrs--prefer seats with head wings), the appearance of not being so gargantuan as the Regent, and am hopeful it won't be so weird to install. Ever since the new advisory on the Regent, our Regent has been inconvenient because I don't like it in the only seat in my van I can get a proper install. It seems better than the Nautilus to me because the hopeful slot heights are higher (aren't they?) and the weight limit is as well. I'd be interested to hear the other side though, because if I could be convinced to forget the Frontier and just get the Nautilus, that would save me time and money ;).

Kirsten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC