Tiffany Decathlon or Ashley Floral Marathon?

U

Unregistered

Does anyone have a closeup of the Tiffany flowery part of the fabric?

How long do you think most people will use the included infant support? I mean like what age, height, or weight do you think it will be need to be removed?

Is the Decathlon adjuster any easier to use than the Marathon?

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I remember that our Boulevard manual (with the same added infant support) says to stop using when baby is able to remaining sit up in general without help ... however, the Britax customer service rep. told me that it was OK for my preschooler to continue using it if it helped eliminate her bach aches (which she gets since she has turned FF now that her feet dangle).

I think the only other "real" difference between the Decathalon & Marathon is that the D. has a plastic push button type harness release instead of the lift-up metal kind ... this is probably just personal preference, but I would have wanted the push button type when my daughter started reaching down to loosen the flip-up kind (her harness always started out very tight, but she has long arms & thankfully it "worked" for me to simply explain that loose straps are dangerous & she accepted being able to pull on the remaining flap of strap that could only possibly tighten her in more, LOL)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've heard that the Decathlon harness adjuster is a bit tight in the beginning, but that it does loosen with time.

Here's a pic of the Tiffany fabric. It's lovely!

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Oooh that IS nice!! I hadn't seen it so close up. Did you know they now have Parkways in that material?? I thought dd would jump at it (just thinking ahead, not buying right now) but she prefers the 'cougar'. 'Cool is better than cute'! Glad to see some 'feminine' choices for the Parkway though.
C.

U

Unregistered

Question for Marathon Owners

Just curious. I know the general advice is not to mix and match car seats parts and why. I still have to ask. Is there anyone thinking of putting a Decathlon cover on a Marathon? I personally can't justify taking about $100 loss on a perfectly fine older Marathon. That's pretty much what I would be doing though looking at what similar manufacture dates and covers have sold for and what a new Decathlon costs. I know the Decathlon has a different adjuster so the hole for that would be different. I would think it would be in the same place. I also know the Decathlon cover would have three slits since it have three slots in the shell to position the crotch buckle. I would just choose the slot that mostly closely matched where the MA buckle comes up. I realize the Decathlon cover and insert will probably cost $60 to $70, but I could sell the other cover so I'd only be out about half of that. The older MA would expire by the time we no longer need it so it can't be passed on anyway. In other words, I don't need to keep a Marathon cover for that reason. We have other seats to use in a pinch while the other Marathon cover is drying too.

As far as justifying the Decathlon for other features, I really can't. The lever versus push button as far as the child loosening the straps hasn't been an issue in the past. Convince me the button is like the RA, and I'll reconsider. The crotch strap position hasn't be an issue either.

Thoughts?

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Unregistered said:
Just curious. I know the general advice is not to mix and match car seats parts and why. I still have to ask. Is there anyone thinking of putting a Decathlon cover on a Marathon? I personally can't justify taking about $100 loss on a perfectly fine older Marathon. That's pretty much what I would be doing though looking at what similar manufacture dates and covers have sold for and what a new Decathlon costs. I know the Decathlon has a different adjuster so the hole for that would be different. I would think it would be in the same place. I also know the Decathlon cover would have three slits since it have three slots in the shell to position the crotch buckle. I would just choose the slot that mostly closely matched where the MA buckle comes up. I realize the Decathlon cover and insert will probably cost $60 to $70, but I could sell the other cover so I'd only be out about half of that. The older MA would expire by the time we no longer need it so it can't be passed on anyway. In other words, I don't need to keep a Marathon cover for that reason. We have other seats to use in a pinch while the other Marathon cover is drying too.

As far as justifying the Decathlon for other features, I really can't. The lever versus push button as far as the child loosening the straps hasn't been an issue in the past. Convince me the button is like the RA, and I'll reconsider. The crotch strap position hasn't be an issue either.

Thoughts?

I'm not a tech or anything but i dont see why you cant use a cover made by britax. I know they say not to use homemade covers b/c of excess padding and flammability but i dont see why a britax cover couldnt go on another seat. I'd call britax and ask their opinion. The padding may be different but they say the shells are the same so who knows!

U

Unregistered

Decathlon Infant Positioning System

BTW, the Decathlon book says the infant positioning system can be removed after the child can sit comfortably without additional support, but the toddler pillow can be used the life of the seat.

I thought it was strange that the instructions didn't specify the infant positioning pillow had to be removed when the straps were moved up to a certain slot. I'd probably use it until the child looked too squished with it in as long as she liked it there.

Has anybody heard anything different from a Britax rep.?

I was doing so good too. We are definitely getting the Parkway in Tiffany so maybe that will help, but....

U

Unregistered

Almost cheaper just to buy the whole seat!!!

I don't see where the Decathlon accessories are for sale, but I noticed the Boulevard prices.

Cover $65
Body Pillow $7.00 to $10.00
Head Pad cover $8.00 to $16.00
Belly Pad $8.99
Black Harness Strap Covers (pair) $10.00 The matching ones are probably more.
Shipping $15 to $20

U

Unregistered

Did anybody notice if the body and head pillows are reversible?

It looks like the Tiffany body pillow is pink on the other side. I can't tell if the head pillow is or not.

If they are reversible, this would look awesome with an Ashley Floral or even with the Foofy print. I am tired of my daughter's head flopping to the side. That can't be good.

Does anybody know?

U

Unregistered

Replacement covers are available on Britax site.

Go to http://www.britaxusa.com . Click on "shopping" "Britax parts and accessories". You should be able to find what you are looking for under covers.

Here's the link for the Boulevard: http://www.britaxusa.com/shopping.c...id=3EF9D530-6E0D-48CA-983F5E9CD34DE314&step=2

Now I notice they have the Decathlon too including Tiffany print!: http://www.britaxusa.com/shopping.c...id=E598D684-B72D-47C3-ABB4378710E789CE&step=2

All of it comes to about $81 plus $15 shipping, I think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC