why put a kid

Mommypooh

in a car seat and not buckle them in? I watched 2 women with 3 kids ages guessed at 1, 2, and 3 years old. They put the 1 year old in the infant seat just set her in it, the 2 year old was put on a backless booster not buckled and the 3 year old was put in a high back booster agian not buckled at all. I was so shocked. I just sat there staring at them. I was traveling and no idea what city I was ins so I couldn't do anything but man what makes you think setting them in a seat will protect them if they are not buckled don't even get me started on the fact none of the seats were appropriet for them.

Then I saw another person pull into the parking lot and she had a child in a high back booster that looked to be about 4 but the child was sitting on her knees in the seat. :eek:

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
-Sadly, this is clear illustration of Darwinism....those genes will be flushed out of the gene pool when those kids all DIE because the parents are too freaking STUPID to care for them properly.
I'm in a fairly foul mood, can you tell?

csma

What, you mean you're supposed to use the straps/seatbelt to hold the child in? Isn't there some magical force field that immediately surrounds the child once they are placed in a restraint that will prevent any sort of harm, regardless of installation, appropriate seat being used, etc.? :rolleyes:

I don't understand why one would spend money on a seat and then make no effort to use it correctly! :mad:

Midwife@heart

I agree. I see that here in Miami every freaking day. It gets annoying and it makes me want to use tough love on them.

Most of the times I see parents w/ their seatbelts on and their children w/ nothing. I have to stop myself from telling them that it is sad that in an accident they will survive and their children won't.

valleyfam

Oh you guys can so love this. My cousin got a speeding ticket today (Easter) from the GSP just after she crossed into GA get this with her 4 year old in the front seat in front of an airbag and he said nothing!! This is the same one who knows my son who is just a couple of months older than her dd rides in a regent. Yes, she was in a booster at 3. Sometimes you just want to scream.

Mommy2Marcus

I agree...What is the point of buying it if you're not going to use it correctly or not at all as in these cases. I am not sure I could have bite my toungue though. I prolly would have gotten out of my vehicle & said something! I mean come on people, how long does it take to buckle a harness?? Maybe at the most 2 minutes..well...my child is worth the time no matter HOW long it takes me..even if it were 10 minutes I would do it to save his life! I guess these people think they're above the law & above getting into a crash!

TXAggieTech

I thought we used car seats so the kids could see the dvd player better?? You mean the straps are there for a reason?

-Sadly, this is clear illustration of Darwinism....those genes will be flushed out of the gene pool when those kids all DIE because the parents are too freaking STUPID to care for them properly.

But it doesn't work that way. Half the time they are only injured and we pay for the hospital bills!

Mommypooh

I was in the back of my van dealing with my son who was being indecisive over movies in the DVD player and such. So I was kinda stuck until my DH came back out as I forgot and closed the door and effetively locked myself in and had 2 RFing seats that made it so I couldn't get to another door. I was just so appalled.

obviously they thought the seats worked like ejector seats. this way they can hit something and have the kids high enough to fly over the seats in front of them and clear out the windshield.....people are so stupid i see it all the time. the people with four kids and the four door sedan so they just throw them all in the back and figure them being smushed wil hold them in. oh and all the kids are wearing designer clothes and timberland boots. the boots cost as much as a damn carseat.

solmama

Ugh. I can't even look in cars here anymore...I saw a woman put her 1-2 yo in a high back booster. I had to run away for fear I'd say something really stupid (I tend to be a bit blunt sometimes). However, I did email a woman looking for a seat through Freecycle about used seats and expiration dates...and she emailed back to tell me thanks and that they'd just buy a new seat rather than risk it with a used one! Yay!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC