Pictures of the Evenflo Discovery "fix"

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
After looking at the pictures more closely, I wonder how you even COULD do that in a vehicle. You wouldn't have too much problem hooking the side closest to you, I suppose. But to do the other side, you'd have to reach ALL the way over (or under) the infant seat, grab the hook, hook it into the hole (which you can't see, because it's under the handle, and you're on the other side of it anyway), and then tighten it.

With your baby in the seat. :thumbsdown:

No way.

I think everyone who has this seat (or who has had it, and maybe still has it registered) should complain to Evenflo and demand a new seat.

I haven't been as down on Evenflo as others in the past, but this really makes me mad. :mad:

MomToEliEm

After looking at the pictures more closely, I wonder how you even COULD do that in a vehicle. You wouldn't have too much problem hooking the side closest to you, I suppose. But to do the other side, you'd have to reach ALL the way over (or under) the infant seat, grab the hook, hook it into the hole (which you can't see, because it's under the handle, and you're on the other side of it anyway), and then tighten it.

To add to the above, a lot of people have infant seats placed right next to other carseats. There often isn't much room to grab this little hook strap and get it connected to the seat which is smushed right next to a big carseat.

I agree with BookMomma that if you have this seat, contact Discovery and complain that you want another seat. This isn't the steps you intended to do when you initially bought the seat, and it is no longer convenient using their fix. If you do call, let us know what Evenflo says to you.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor

With your baby in the seat. :thumbsdown:

No way.

I think everyone who has this seat (or who has had it, and maybe still has it registered) should complain to Evenflo and demand a new seat.

I haven't been as down on Evenflo as others in the past, but this really makes me mad. :mad:

I agree. It *may* be ok to do if you have 1 child and can access both sides easily. For me personally if I was going to be taking the carrier in and out I would not use the base. If I had to use the "fix" with the base I would leave the carrier in the car and carry the infant. That brings me to if I am just leaving the carrier in the car why not go get a convertible seat.

Not very smart on Evenflos part.

Stretchy Glue

Talk about a cheap solution. I too see people not using this "fix" because it will be too much trouble. I will teach a caregiver to use it with the fix as well as with out the base if I get one come through.

:yeahthat:
Well, this ought to add to the misuse statistic. I see a ton of these seats around. More unsafe children traveling about...Oh boy.

cpsaddict

I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen a Discovery used correctly. The handle is usually up on every one I see. Sometimes the straps aren't to bad, but the handle thing, ugh. These seats are very popular around here because they are cheap.

megabloxs

PMSL @ Evenflo... they never can come up with good solutions. Lets hope sales drop and they put their heads together and come up with a great seat - just like Graco has done with the GN (following on from some of their past nasties).

Mama!

I always see handles up on infant carriers in the car.

I know I always left ours up.:eek: It had toys hanging on it.:whistle:

Simplysomething

You know how some parents find the OHS seats to be safer, because of the bar? I wonder how many parents might think that the "fix" is a...feature... kwim?

carseatmom

CPST Instructor
Judi, do you mind if a friend of mine used your pictures on a About.com site? She'd like to write a blog about it and use some pictures. Would that be ok with you? If not, no big deal.. I can hopefully take some shots next week for her, but you already have them. :)

Thanks!

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
I just installed this seat with the fix for someone last week it was just awful!!! I told her my recommendation was to leave the seat in the car and not bother taking it out anymore, i did teach her how to use it if she decides to take it out. it was just so stupid!

Clarissa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC