BRU no longer carrying the Regent

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
OH NO!! :eek:

This summer, I will need to get my hands on at least three Regents or Frontiers. However, I want to see the Frontier and hear about any "issues" with it before I order them. I am also concerned about the highest harness slots on the Frontier.

Gosh, I REALLY hope the top harness slots are AT LEAST 19.5". I am hoping... :whistle:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I know. The only htink i can look forwar to is they are always coming out with something new and better when the manufacturers are trying to one up each other. I have my Regent I bought for training, but it may be expired befor Tucker ever gets to use it.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Hmmm. And the average TRU salesfloor workers are in the know with Britax, how? Sorry, he might be right, but until I have further confirmation from other sources, I won't get too worried. :shrug-shoulders:

Because we are already awaythet it would most likely be discontinued I am leaning toward they could very well be correct. Not to mention covers were pulled off the Britax site a month ago. :twocents:

I hope the Frontier is as great as it is supposed to be. For me since my DD will be lucky if she weighs 80 lbs when she starts driving (my SIL is 5 ft 97 lbs) I would not use the BPB of the Frontier.

Midwife@heart

That sucks if the Regent is discontinued. The Frontier unless it has 20 in. top slots will never be as good as the Regent.

Mama!

Oh good grief. I was hoping they wouldn't do that til the Frontier was out.

So they're retiring the Regent and the Parkway?

MommyBoha

Crap!! That sucks. I dont really like the look of the frontier, and while DD is FAR from needing a Regent, I want her to have one when the time comes. We have been so happy with DS'

csma

The Frontier says 18.25 inches while the Regent is 19.1 inches, almost an inch difference.

Though if the Frontier is not as reclined as the Regent when installed, the difference in practice may be significantly less. :twocents:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Everyone calm down!!! I talked to Sarah Tilton (Britax Engineer) last month and she told me there is no plans for the Regent to be discountinued. I was talking to her regarding some SK stuff but I asked her out of curiosity & rumors on here.

My opinion is they wouldn't have spent all the money & engineering into making add'l molds for the Regent due to demands if they were planning on discountining it less then a year later. That wouldn't be finanically benifical for them. I wouldn't trust what you hear from a BRU employee. BRU maybe discountining carrying them in their store just due to poor sales (they hardly ever put them on sale even during the twice a year Britax sale).

Also any of you CPST that are going to Lifesavers please verify this again.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Everyone calm down!!! I talked to Sarah Tilton (Britax Engineer) last month and she told me there is no plans for the Regent to be discountinued. I was talking to her regarding some SK stuff but I asked her out of curiosity & rumors on here.

My opinion is they wouldn't have spent all the money & engineering into making add'l molds for the Regent due to demands if they were planning on discountining it less then a year later. That wouldn't be finanically benifical for them. I wouldn't trust what you hear from a BRU employee. BRU maybe discountining carrying them in their store just due to poor sales (they hardly ever put them on sale even during the twice a year Britax sale).

Also any of you CPST that are going to Lifesavers please verify this again.

Thanks! I will ask at LS too.

BabyKaykes

x-posting:

As a former BRU, Baby Gear employee (who is trying HARD to get back in), I just want to say that stuff usually goes out only so new stuff can come in. I plan on calling my former supervisor to see what she can tell me about the discontinued/new products list (she knows I'm a car seat nut, and I call fairly regularly to ask if there's anything new coming).

But I WILL say with TOTAL confidence (and if I end up being wrong, feel free to take away my membership, lol!) that BRU is most likely dropping the Regent for the Galaxy Nautilus. Graco is an 'affordable' brand that everyone knows and will sell 3x as fast as Britax ANY day.

Baby D

I had DH ask Sarah at the conference they went to a few weeks ago and she told him they were not getting rid of the Regent.

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
x-posting:

But I WILL say with TOTAL confidence (and if I end up being wrong, feel free to take away my membership, lol!) that BRU is most likely dropping the Regent for the Galaxy Nautilus. Graco is an 'affordable' brand that everyone knows and will sell 3x as fast as Britax ANY day.

Nope. They are discontinuing the Graco Cargo for the Graco Nautilus.
"They" being BRU not Graco.

Last edited:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Nope. They are discontinuing the Graco Cargo for the Graco Nautilus.

Now I can see Graco doing that. I really liked our CarGo's but wished they had a higher weight limit. So, I am sad to see them go but I am glad they are being replaced with a good seat like the Nautilus.

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
Now I can see Graco doing that. I really liked our CarGo's but wished they had a higher weight limit. So, I am sad to see them go but I am glad they are being replaced with a good seat like the Nautilus.

I must clarify...BRU is replacing the Cargo with the Nautilus. I don't know anything about Graco discontinuing the Cargo. Gosh I hate when I start rumors....Sorry.

jdchic3

A lot of times BRU will say that a product is being discontinued, but what they really mean is that BRU is going to stop carrying it.

BabyKaykes

First I want to remind everyone that some BRUs are 'high end' stores, that often get dieffernt seats, strollers, etc than others. The store I called is considered 'high end' and they are one of the top 10 stores. My local BRU is a 'middle road' store that doesn't always have the same stuff the other store does, so I'm interested in going down there to see what they're getting/not getting:

Talked to my old supervisor, who checked her list. Her infant seat line-up is staying the same, as for convertibles/boosters/combos:

~Out:
Regent
Cargo
Parkway
ETA in Hampton
*Bugaboo Frog

~In:
Frontier
Nautilus
Eddie Bauer Booster
ETA in Durango
*Quinny Buzz!

She said her list was through June, but they often get things later or earlier than they should.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC