Britax Parkway Retired

Morganthe

I guess it's official. I went online to see if I could purchase a Cowmooflage cover for my Parkway. Only white space appeared for their inventory. Then I went to manuals -- Yep, it was placed in the "Retired" category as of Jan 2008.

Kind of sad, overall. They didn't even give it a good party for a decent send off. :crying:

:p

ETA: Has it been mentioned before on here that there are new manuals out for the Boulevard (2/7/08), Decathalon (1/21/08), Marathon (2/19/08), and the Roundabout (1/28/08) to go along with the new one of the Regent?

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I am soooo sad to see the Parkway go bye bye. I may have to order a 3rd one as one of my PW will expire in 3yrs and I know my mom wants another Cowmoo for her car for when K1 outgrows her MA.

ZephyrBlue

as much as the tippy-ness of the pw bugged the snot of me, i really liked the pw for it's sip and ease of use. i hate the tb and need a narrow-ish spare booster for carpool, guess i better find a pw on sale and snatch it up.

fyrfightermomma

So are they doing away with ALL their dedicated boosters(i heard that somewhere) after the Frontier is released?? If so, I think thats a bad move on their part. I mean any parent who has a child past harnessing size (or who doesnt want to harness past a certain age) and just wants a good ol booster seat won't be giving them any business...I dont get it...

TerisBoys

:yeahthat:

I've got an 8yo that I have no problems having in a dedicated booster. It just doesn't seem like a good move on their part whatsoever.

I realize extended harnessing is a good thing, and William WOULD fit in a harness (Nauti or Regent). But he sits properly in his booster and I really don't see the need for a harness for him.

Plus the 3-across thing. The Parkway fits a definate niche there.

Dillipop

Won't the monarch still be made? I thought they were just discontinuing the parkway, which makes me sad, but at least the monarch is still out there as an option.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I thought we were all pretty sure this was happening, what with the Sears (and everywhere else) clearances?

I will be sad. But man, I'm looking forward to checking out the Monterey!

aisraeltax

i hope the Monarch wont be discontinued. im pretty sure i cant convince teh 10 yo to ride in a Froniter and i really dont want to buy one now instead of later in the fall when i will need it.

i had looked for the Parkway before and couldnt find it on the britax website so i dont know how long its been down. :(

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
On the other hand, we all cried at the demise of the Starriser Comfy because we couldn't stand to lose a good narrow tall booster... then we got the PW, I doubt they'll deny us a narrow booster for too long... here's hoping, anyway... :cool:

Stretchy Glue

On the other hand, we all cried at the demise of the Starriser Comfy because we couldn't stand to lose a good narrow tall booster... then we got the PW, I doubt they'll deny us a narrow booster for too long... here's hoping, anyway... :cool:

Fingers crossed. I loved the PW, and I really hope they don't quit making boosters all together. With more states adding booster laws, that's a hot market right now. Keep making them taller and they'll be big money makers.:twocents:

Morganthe

Was the Parkway released before the Starriser retired or did it appear soon after?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC