Extended Rear Facing In Which Seat?

daisymum

My daughter is 28 lbs, 35 inches and is rf in a scenera. I need to give the scenera to my youngest daughter soon, though, and get a new one for the 2 year old. She is on the top harness slots on the scenera... are there any other rf seats with higher harnesses than the scenera?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The harness height doesn't matter as much for rear facing since their shoulders should be over the slot height anyway. But a great ERFing seat is the Evenflo Triumph Advance. 35 pounds, same as the Scenera, a tall shell, just like the Scenera, and goes to 50 pounds forward facing with a 17.5" top harness height. $130. :)

Wendy

Mommy2Marcus

Hiya Hun! I also agree about the Triumph. It has a taller shell & taller harness slots so it will keep her RF for longer. I have a Scenera & a Triumph & my DS has quite a bit more room in the Triumph than he does the Scenera. I would go check it out. It runs $30-$180 depending on the cover, but other than that there are really no other differences! It must be the Evenflo Triumph Advance (MUST say Advance in the name to be the right one!). It RF to 35lbs & then FF to 50lbs so you would get a good long time of use out of it! Here is a link to it on Target's website!

http://www.target.com/Evenflo-Trium...v&field-browse=3579961&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=2

Here is a picture of my 34-35 inch tall son RF in his Triumph. He has a LONG torso as he has to have 24-2T clothes for his long torso. You can see he has ALOT of room over his head to RF for quite awhile. I am holding his head back so you can see how much room he has!

007-1.jpg

Last edited:

Murphy's Law

My dd is just under 36" and is about 30 pounds, so not a lot bigger than your dd. We picked up a Triumph Advance for her yesterday and I LOVE it. She has tons of room left in it, even for rear facing. It's a really nice user-friendly seat. I'm sure we'll get a few years out of it with her. :)

Here's a picture of her today. I know her head isn't in midline, but you can get a rough idea of how much room she has left.
Murphy3yearsAnders6months063.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC