Just no getting through to some people!

BabyKaykes

I love my cousin, but she just does NOT get it. She's almost 20yrs older than me and has a 4.5yo and a 7yo, who are also my godkids. The kids are with me a lot and she knows the rules in my car. Her 51" tall, 38lb 4.5yo son must be harnessed, and her 49" tal, 80lb, 7yo daughter must use the back portion of her booster.

I bought the FPSVD for her son when he outgrew his AOE (which I now own). They refused it and bought him a Compass booster instead for his birthday. GRRR....I bought their daughter a highback TB (two, in fact) and they constanly take off the back portion, even though their Suburban has super low seat backs. Half the time she she's not in it anyway, because "by law she doesn't have to be" (CA - 6 or 60). Her installs are horrible and my godson usually looks like this when buckled.
bryceclip.jpg

I had to take my godson somewhere last week and didn't have the FP with me. So I had to take his booster. I didn't want to take his Compass because my son is in the middle and the two seats don't fit together in my car. I asked for his sister's TB instead and she get's it out of her truck...it's got the torso portion on, but not the headrest!

She had no idea where it was, so I just moved Isaiah's seat and took the Compass - which he sat HORRIBLY in and it wasn't even set for his height! I'm going to try to talk her into a Nautilus this weekend. I HOPE it works because he's at least still using his Cargo as a spare. I don't know what else to do!

ADS

PixieEMT

Sometimes you can lead the horse to water but you can't make them drink. :shrug-shoulders:

Maybe a couple youtube videos? :question:
I found it more effective if you make a family member sit down and watch it, not just email. I had to do that with my mother and sister. They thought I was nuts for ERFing my DS. I made them watch the youtube video, it finally sunk in with my dear sister. She no longer complains about RF my DS. Plus I provided hard proof to her like this : http://www.stuff.co.nz/4144421a10.html

For your cousin's children I think info from the Kyle David Miller site would be your best bet! They have a higher weight harness information brochure now too! :)
HTH~ Sara

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC