DH should know better

Airforcemomma

:thumbsdown:

We got up early this morning to drive into the next town for a Giant easter egg hunt. Kids are all excited and so was I. Got everyone fed and out the door.

Anyway, I go to put the kids in their car seats in DH's car and was I mad when I saw how he'd been driving them around. The harnesses on both their seats were so loose after doing them up that I could pinch well more then an inch and put more then a whole hand in between them and the harness.

Well, he got a talking to about that. I told him he wasn't going to be allowed to drive the kids anywhere if that's how he does it. He said it's too hard to get the kids buckled in with their winter coats on and he had to loosen it to do them up. GRRRRR, how many times I have told him to undo their coats and then do it back up over the harness. So, I showed him, yet again how he needs to be doing it and got the harnesses tightened up to where they need to be and made sure he knew that he was not to loosen the harness at all and to just leave it where it is.

I just think he (like most men) doesn't like to fiddle with things like that and likes to do things the easiest way possible. Fine for other things, but not when it comes to putting the kids in the car seats.

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Yikes! That would burn me to. DH never goes anywhere with DS without me. He couldn't get DS in his seat yesterday b/c it was to tight, so I had to do it! MEN! They like everything to be easy!

PixieEMT

I guess I'm lucky my DH knows I am a total car seat nut! I've brought him to the dark side with us! :evil grin: I even have him on board with ERF and HWH seats! :thumbsup: He'll even start giving ERF lectures to people that say "Your son can FF he's not a baby anymore." It's like music to my ears. :evil grin:

He helped me make a generic fleece poncho for our DS. He always takes his coat of him in the car, he usually puts DS coat on backwards to run to the car.
DH is always good about tightening it right and putting the clip armpit level.
~Sara

Airforcemomma

DH knows how anal I am about the kids being properly put in the seats. Really suprised me( and p**sed me off) to see how loose the harnesses were.

We usually take my van for family outings but his car was in the driveway first so we just figured we'd take his rather then shuffle the cars around. Glad we did, if we hadn't I wouldn't have known he'd been driving them around like that.

He see's how I put the kids in their seats in my van and has watched me on a daily basis for the past few months deal with winter coats. I always undo the coat ,do up the harness then do the coat up over the harness.He knows how they're supposed to be. But DH is always in a rush and the quicker the better. He never usually drives them very far, typically from point A to point B on the base, the rest of the time they drive with me.

Maybe I should start doing weekly seat inspections with his car...LOL

Hopefully he'll know better now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC