Re-harnessing my 6 year old!

Bren&Elise'sMom

After finding this site, from a link on a baby forum, I have learned so much. I was looking for info on convertible carseats, for my 6 month old daughter.

I got a Graco Nautilus for my 6.6 year old son, he is 47 inches and 47 pounds, with a 17.5 inch torso. He was in a high back booster and had been for the past 2 years. It is a combo seat that he was harnessed FF in until 40 pounds. I wish I knew what I know now, when he was littler! He was turned FF in his first year judging by the DOM on the combo booster he was about 17 months, the seat is 5 years old. It was time for a new one anyways!

He is ok with being re-harnessed, I talked to him about being safer in the car, and showed him pictures of big kids harnessed from this site, what sold him on it was that race car drivers are harnessed when they drive their race cars! He loves his new race car seat! He has always hated leaning over to click in his seatbelt, so its easier for him to click the harness buckles.

Also, my 6 month old daughter will ride RF until she reaches the weight or height limits on her new EFTA and Scenera in DH's car. DD loves her new big girl seat, she's rode in the EFTA twice and was happy as a little clam! She loves sitting up, she was pretty grumpy about the last few rides she had in her infant bucket.

Getting DS such an expensive seat wasn't what we planned, we were just going to get him a new highback booster, but I am glad we got him the Nautilus, I chose to get it rather than get the spa day for my birthday, which is today actually! Happy 28th b-day to me! I am more than happy with this decision, peace of mind knowing my child is safer than he was is more than worth it and the best present a mom could ask for!

When DD is 40 pounds and outgrows her convertible carseats, she can ride in the Nautilus, hopefully that isn't soon! By that time, in a few years, DS will be bigger and can go to a new HHB, since by then he probably will be using the Nautilus as a booster then anyways. So, it is an investment in DD's future seat as well.

Thank you everyone for all the knowledge you have bestowed upon me! Brennan and Annelise thank you also!

ADS

jwren

Happy Birthday to you and I know what you mean the same thing happened to me with the whole booster carseat thing.. It made a huge impact on me as well. Now all I want to do is spread the word, my son is like yours too, excited about his new racecar seat. (he is still harnessed though, I never did get a booster, but I was so close...he is still in his MA patiently waiting for his new red/black frontier "racecar seat") Good for you to re-harness:thumbsup:

After finding this site, from a link on a baby forum, I have learned so much. I was looking for info on convertible carseats, for my 6 month old daughter.

I got a Graco Nautilus for my 6.6 year old son, he is 47 inches and 47 pounds, with a 17.5 inch torso. He was in a high back booster and had been for the past 2 years. It is a combo seat that he was harnessed FF in until 40 pounds. I wish I knew what I know now, when he was littler! He was turned FF in his first year judging by the DOM on the combo booster he was about 17 months, the seat is 5 years old. It was time for a new one anyways!

He is ok with being re-harnessed, I talked to him about being safer in the car, and showed him pictures of big kids harnessed from this site, what sold him on it was that race car drivers are harnessed when they drive their race cars! He loves his new race car seat! He has always hated leaning over to click in his seatbelt, so its easier for him to click the harness buckles.

Also, my 6 month old daughter will ride RF until she reaches the weight or height limits on her new EFTA and Scenera in DH's car. DD loves her new big girl seat, she's rode in the EFTA twice and was happy as a little clam! She loves sitting up, she was pretty grumpy about the last few rides she had in her infant bucket.

Getting DS such an expensive seat wasn't what we planned, we were just going to get him a new highback booster, but I am glad we got him the Nautilus, I chose to get it rather than get the spa day for my birthday, which is today actually! Happy 28th b-day to me! I am more than happy with this decision, peace of mind knowing my child is safer than he was is more than worth it and the best present a mom could ask for!

When DD is 40 pounds and outgrows her convertible carseats, she can ride in the Nautilus, hopefully that isn't soon! By that time, in a few years, DS will be bigger and can go to a new HHB, since by then he probably will be using the Nautilus as a booster then anyways. So, it is an investment in DD's future seat as well.

Thank you everyone for all the knowledge you have bestowed upon me! Brennan and Annelise thank you also!

fyrfightermomma

Happy Birthday! and welcome to the boards. You are making your children so much safer by your choices. I'm sure it wasnt easy to give up your birthday spa for yourself (since we mommys need that break!!) but it was a very awesome thing to instead use that money for keeping your kids safe. What a wonderful thing! Im glad your son likes his "race car seat" and my baby too LOVEDDDDD the EFTA...I wish I had one! :)

mamaofthree

Happy Birthday!!

I just reharnessed my small 6 yo who had also been in a booster for a while, even though she's small. I was a little worried about how she'd react to it, since she freaked out about the harness when I tried her in a Regent in BRU, but she loves the GN. She can get herself in and out of it faster than the seatbelt, which was always twisting in her booster. So its made life easier and I feel so much better knowing she's safer. It's an awesome seat!

Kimberly

PixieEMT

Welcome to the boards! :happy-wavehello: I'm glad we could help! Happy birthday to you!

Yaaaaa for choosing to keep you son in a 5pt harness and your daughter rear racing! :D

Sara

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC