Just bragging about the Nautilus!

Mae

I got my Nautilus today! I was super excited. I was a bit upset when I got to the store... the guy I talked to on the phone told me that they would hold it for me until I picked it up...Well I get there, and the lady was like, well I thought you were going to be here yesterday, and you werent, so we put it back in the shelf and idk if its still there. As I'm hearing this I'm like...omg. I did NOT drive all the way here, to accept that somebody has MY "on hold" item. (lol, I was a tad bit mad) So it turns out it was still there (phew) and it was a really...ahem...quiet charming fella who I watched carry that box all the way to the checkout :D ok. my days better. LOL. So I bring it home, set it up, and install it into my car! I couldnt get the greatest fit (acceptable though) so I'll be playing with it some more when I get time. I then put my DN in, and he's right between the first and second slots, closer to the second, so I think I'll move them up. When I put him in (he had just got back from about an hours drive with mom, so he wanted OUT) and he got this HUGE grin across his face!! He liked it! Yay! That made two of us!!

FWIW: I installed it in my SIL's equinax (sp?) with LATCH or seatbelts and it wasnt the best either...I think it could be better, but it was within the 1 inch rule...and I must say.. I HATE the tether anchors in that vehicle!! I literally tried for 10 minutes to get it undone!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I then put my DN in, and he's right between the first and second slots, closer to the second, so I think I'll move them up

I'm glad you got it. I just want to clarify that for ff, the harness always needs to be at or above his shoulders. If he's between the two slots, that means he's too tall for the first ones because he would be above them. Also, remember to take out the toddler insert if he's above the first slots. :)

Mae

That came out way wrong on my behalf. I have them on the second from bottom setting now, and he's like 1/4 an inch from going over them, so I was going to move them up to the third. And yep, I got the insert out! :)

TerisBoys

I've found it installs better if it's reclined in my van - matches the angle of the vehicle seat better.

But no - it's no Britax when it comes to installs.

Oh - and an 05 Montana's tether anchor is also a bear to unhook it from!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC