Need quick reply....

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
There are 1 or 2 manufacturera whos seat are only good for 5 years from the DOM, who are they. I am thinking Evenflo and Combi. Does that sound right? I can't go through every manual.

Anyne know?

ADS

mominabigtruck

All new evenflos are good for 6 years. I think we decided that whoever was running the date stamper wasn't doing a good job and that's why some of them have weird dates.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Peg Perego seats expire 5 years from the DOM. Evenflo models have 6 year expiration periods, and I'm not sure about Combi.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Peg Perego seats expire 5 years from the DOM. Evenflo models have 6 year expiration periods, and I'm not sure about Combi.

Thanks Jean. I was thinking Peg Perego was one. I will have to call Combi if I do not find it.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Combi appears to be 7 years from DOM based on looking at some of the Combi manuals. The expiration blurb is on pg. 54 of the Connection's .pdf manual at http://www.combi-intl.com/manuals/files/documents/91.pdf and on pg. 27 of the Centre and Shuttle's .pdf files at http://www.combi-intl.com/manuals/files/documents/102.pdf and http://www.combi-intl.com/manuals/files/documents/Shuttle_English.pdf

Thanks, Jean! I still think ther is another 5 yrs, but could be wrong. I stay 6 yrs across the board because of the heat index here in AZ even if it is a 8 yr seat. i just want o know what the 5 yr seats are, so I do not ever tell a caregiver 6 yrs and later find out it is 5 yrs. If you come across it let me know. If not, no big deal. I will find it eventually ;)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I know for sure Peg Perego is only 5yrs. I'm not aware of any others with a 5yr, but we don't have all the seats you guys in the US do. ;)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
This is from Transport Canada's website. I wouldn't think that expiration dates would be different between the US and Canada.

Manufacturer Brand Name(s) /Product Type1 /Useful Life Length
Britax Child Safety, Inc. Britax I/C, B 6 years
Combi USA, Inc. Combi I, B 7 years
Dorel Juvenile Group, Inc. Cosco, Eddie Bauer, Safety 1st I, I/C, C/B, B 6 years I/C/B 8 years
Evenflo Company Inc. Evenflo I, I/C, C/B, B 6 years
Graco Children’s Products Graco, Century I, I/C, C/B, B2 6 years
Learning Curve Brands, Inc. Compass, The First Years B 7 years
Magna Aftermarket Inc. Clek B 7 years
Peg Perego S.p.A. Peg-Pérego I 5 years
Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products, LLC Sunshine Kids I/C 8 years
Note 1: I = Infant; I/C = Infant and Child; B = Booster; C/B = Child and Booster; I/C/B = Infant, Child and Booster
Note 2: Starting in 2008 for booster cushions

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
This is from Transport Canada's website. I wouldn't think that expiration dates would be different between the US and Canada.

Manufacturer Brand Name(s) /Product Type1 /Useful Life Length
Britax Child Safety, Inc. Britax I/C, B 6 years
Combi USA, Inc. Combi I, B 7 years
Dorel Juvenile Group, Inc. Cosco, Eddie Bauer, Safety 1st I, I/C, C/B, B 6 years I/C/B 8 years
Evenflo Company Inc. Evenflo I, I/C, C/B, B 6 years
Graco Children’s Products Graco, Century I, I/C, C/B, B2 6 years
Learning Curve Brands, Inc. Compass, The First Years B 7 years
Magna Aftermarket Inc. Clek B 7 years
Peg Perego S.p.A. Peg-Pérego I 5 years
Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products, LLC Sunshine Kids I/C 8 years
Note 1: I = Infant; I/C = Infant and Child; B = Booster; C/B = Child and Booster; I/C/B = Infant, Child and Booster
Note 2: Starting in 2008 for booster cushions

Thanks Jewels!! This really helps!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC