Sleeping in a GN?

Melizerd

Anyone have experience with long drives (like Maine to Cape Cod is what my friend travels) and a kiddo that sleeps in it?

He's 3 and 36lbs and around 42 inches tall. He LOVES to sleep in the car.

I don't know enough about the GN to know if it's a good sleeping seat or not (lol).

ADS

Mom2One+One

My DS slept in the GN for the first time this past Sunday. On the way there, I did not have the seat reclined and his head flopped forward. Didn't seem to bother him much, but I HATED it. When we got where we were going, I re-installed the seat and used the recline foot in the highest position. He slept again on the way home and it was MUCH better. Not quite as reclined as the Scenera was (or maybe its just shaped differently) but he seemed comfortable.

firemomof3

My 4.5y/o daughter sleeps fine in her GN. Sometimes her head does bob forward though. From my experience I have found that the Wizard (which they don't make anymore), Regent and Recaro Young Sport support a sleeping head very well. But I wouldn't recommend any of these seats, except maybe the Regent, over the GN. The GN just has way too much going for it! love::love:

Melizerd

Thanks! We've talked about a Regent too but I think she might move it too often for that to be practical (couple times a month).

TerisBoys

I installed Ryan's reclined in his dad's van for their trip to Florida earlier this month.

He apparently slept from 7pm to 6am waking only for potty breaks (they drove straight through).

He's also napped in it in my van without much of a head bobble - and he's got some low muscle tone issues.

mamaofthree

I have it installed at the middle recline postion in my van for my 6 yo. She slept in it this week when we drove to the Monterey Aquarium and no head bobbing. She always complained that she couldn't get comfy or sleep in her booster, and was very comfy in her new GN. I imagine having it at the most reclined position should fend off any head bobbing for a smaller child. I need to install it that way and try it out for my 3.5 yo cause she may be getting one soon, and she sleeps in the car often.

Kimberly

zactayaus

I have the GN for my 4.11yo ds and he actually slept in it for 1 1/2 hours today while we were at dd's soccer practice (I was in the truck with him the whole time). I originally installed it in the full recline position and had no head falling forward issues. I recently reinstalled it in the more upright position and now his head does fall forward. It will be going back to the reclined position because he does fall asleep in the car often.

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
Kira's head falls forward while she's sleeping in it, but I think I had it in the most upright recline.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC