1st time in a booster -- any tips?

Morganthe

So it's official. I'm dropping my car off for service and a good friend is picking us up. We'll be using the Tiffany Parkway in her Chrysler?? minivan. (Yes, I"m planning on taking the camera :rolleyes: ) She'll be in the third row, driver's side.

I know her seatbelts don't lock at the top like the Camry does. It was her vehicle we installed the Nautilus in. The lower belt supposedly remains in place if it's pulled tight. But she's had to use a locking clip to maintain tightness on her seats. I'm trusting these darned things to keep my precious dd safe? Yeah, I know, paranoia.

I informed dd that we'd be using her booster today. She's all worried about the 'smell' of the new seat. Huh? :confused: She's eager, but she also HATES change. She knows she has to sit properly, which she does in her Regent or Radian, but she has a harness to make her do that anyway.

My friend has already said that if there's any problems, she'll transfer her 6 year old son into the Tiffany and dd can use his Nauti. He already put up a fuss just trying out the fit in the girly seat in my living room. I can see his displeasure at that announcement :ROTFLMAO: We'll try to avoid that. :p

So any advice? Tips? Suggestions?

Just to jog memory, dd is abt 43"/abt 40lbs & 4 1/2 years old -- NOT the same age as in my siggy :p

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Locking the seatbelt is really just to remind her to sit properly. My guess is she will do fine. My dd uses her Parkway on the rare occassion she rides in my dh's car and she does fine. She is close in age and weight to your dd. I do have to remind her that she has to sit properly, head back against the seat and sit up nice and tall before we get in the car. I wouldn't want her in there for long rides simply b/c I don't want to constanly have to keep an eye on her, but for short trips she does fine remembering to sit correctly.

I took pics of our first ride as well!

melniemi

I would think she would do fine. She is so used to being harnessed and not being able to move much that she likely won't even think to move much. My boys did great for the first few months they were in boosters because they were used to sitting still in their harnesses. Once they discovered how much they can move, it was a different story.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC