Transport Canada posted the Britax Roundabout Recall a couple days ago

ADS

Mara1973

That is interesting actually, as many seats recommended for newborns do not actually fit smaller babies. I have even seen some babies in Graco Safeseats that are still not at the lowest setting and some of these would not be considered overly small babies. I wonder if this will bring a string of these "recalls" now.

Mara :)

Neatfreak

I must admit that I've been wondering about newborns in convertible seats for awhile. A few of my friends started using MAs from birth, and it always bugged me that the harness was too high, even if their babies were over five pounds.

I can't remember how my kid fit her SnugRide when she was first born. Not that I would have known better at the end, anyway.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You can actually let people know this: Britax says NOT to use the bottom harness slots unless your baby is within 1" of them. If a child is more than 1" below those bottom harness slots, it's a no go per Britax. My kids weren't within 1" of the bottom slots until they were at least 4-5 months.

-Nicole.

snowbird25ca

That is interesting actually, as many seats recommended for newborns do not actually fit smaller babies. I have even seen some babies in Graco Safeseats that are still not at the lowest setting and some of these would not be considered overly small babies. I wonder if this will bring a string of these "recalls" now.

Mara :)

Hmm, will be interesting to see. TC's report on transporting infants/children with special needs may be the reason for this I'm guessing. I wonder if it will affect any other seats?

QuassEE

They can't just pick on Britax, can they? Britax is actually the manufacturer that says *don't* use their convertible seats for small newborns when you talk to CS.. Cosco'll try to get away with anything--yup, it's the only seat you'll ever need. They don't specify anything beyond age/weight ranges, and yet their bottom slots aren't much better.

-Nicole.

snowbird25ca

They can't just pick on Britax, can they? Britax is actually the manufacturer that says *don't* use their convertible seats for small newborns when you talk to CS.. Cosco'll try to get away with anything--yup, it's the only seat you'll ever need. They don't specify anything beyond age/weight ranges, and yet their bottom slots aren't much better.

-Nicole.

Maybe Britax just caught wind of what's going on and issued the recall spontaneously before there was any pressure?

I think that Cosco does have a minimum length to use the seat rf'ing - 19"? My 7wk preemie was that long though...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC