Orbit Toddler System is available!

arly1983

http://www.babyuniverse.com/Orbit-Toddler-Car-Seat--Mocha/PID/4823390/ctid/17/INstock/N/D/

Description

Orbit's Toddler Car Seat is a revolutionary upgrade for your Orbit Infant System. Dock it onto either the Orbit Base or Stroller for unprecedented convenience and flexibility. No other convertible car seat can match the Toddler Car Seat's fully integrated design. You can be proud to show off this sleek car seat without dealing with dangling straps and belts.
Unlike most convertible car seats, Orbit's comes with a UV Sunshade that easily snaps in. Simply pull the premium die-cast levers to securely rotate or unlock the Toddler Car Seat. Unique rear panel safely and stylishly keeps the belts, tethers and Sunshade out of your way. A combination of plush micro-fiber and ventilated fabrics keep your toddler comfortable.

Color coded seat belt clamps make Rear- and Forward-Facing installations simple. 360 degree rotation on the Stroller SmartHub allows your toddler to sit rear, forward or sideways facing. For a super stable installation without the Base (Forward-Facing or optional Rear-Facing), the included Braces snap into the sides of the Car Seat.

Features:

Easily docks onto Orbit's Base, Stroller and Rocker with the SmartHub (Base, Stroller and Rocker sold separately)
Rotates 360 degrees on the SmartHub for back-saving convenience and easy docking
Extensive side protection areas have multiple foam zones to keep your child secure
EPP foam is higher-grade, softer and more durable than brittle Styrofoam (EPS)
Adjustable headrest and fully removable upholstery can be cleaned without removing the restraint harness
Ballistic nylon back panel stores the full UV Sunshade, as well as all belts and straps
Meets or exceeds all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS 213)
Can be installed Rear-Facing on the Orbit Base and Forward- or Rear-Facing without the Orbit Base (with the included Braces)
Fits children Rear-Facing from 15-35 lbs. Forward-Facing from 20-50 lbs. and up to 49 inches

ADS

arly1983

Oooh sweet... 5/9/08... (the stroller is supposedly just divine, btw...)

Whoops, I thought it was in stock now:eek:

I am really quite shocked they ever came out with this.

It says RFing to 35 lbs and FFing to 50 lbs but I suppose the real test is what are the top slots and seat back height.

ETA: Oh, and it has a sun shade....how cool.

CandCfam

Pretty cool!

I emailed Orbit to see if they could tell me what the RF height limit is, what slots can be used for RF, and what the top slot measurement is.

Mach Knockers

This looks pretty awesome!! The straps look a little low for me, too. I'd love to have a seat with a higher RF limit. I had to turn DS around at the beginning of the year. :(

I'm only worried, as I can always find something to worry about, that this will be abused and cause babies to suffer the carseat-as-a-constant-home syndrome for even longer.

(Not among conscientious parents, but among those who are already leaving babies in the seat whilst doing anything but paying attention to their child.)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That looks very cool. The weight limits are nice, though I have to wonder as well about the top slots. Hopefully the pictures have them on the lowest slots.

The seat is awfully buckety, though. I can't imagine a kid forward facing in that without it able to recline forward for the legs. In which case the back will be too upright. It just looks like they'll be sitting in a V. Though I guess they must have some way around that, it's just not shown. And if a unidirectional seat like their infant seat has a 92 page manual, this one probably has a 150 page manual and I really just don't feel like glancing through it.

Wendy

Mae

So if I read the OP posts correctly, you can't use it FF with the base? or did I read it wrong...?

Edit :

Here's the part I'm talking about

Can be installed Rear-Facing on the Orbit Base and Forward- or Rear-Facing without the Orbit Base (with the included Braces)

Isn't that saying that you can use it RF with the base, then RF and FF without it?

mimieliza

From what I understand on the website, once it is FFing, you can't use the base.

Maybe that will encourage parents to RF longer! :)

I think the carseat looks really nice. And from the pictures on the website, it looks like a significantly taller seat back than my Roundabout, so it may actually be tall enough to get most kids to at least 30 lbs. RFing, if not the full 35 lbs.

Does it look like it has RFing and/or FFing lockoffs?

It also doesn't require the base/stroller system, so it could be another convertible seat option for anyone, not just people who bought the infant seat/base/stroller system. Although I'm sure it is about $4987098. :p

CandCfam

oooookay.

I got a reply from Orbit this afternoon.

Hi Mrs. XXXXX,

The height limit for the Toddler Car Seat is 49". There is no height limitation for our seat in rear-facing position. I'm sorry, but I do not understand what measurement you are talking about. Please specify and I would be happy to help you.

Thank you for your interest in Orbit Baby,

Cynthia
Orbit Baby
www.orbitbaby.com

Apparently asking them:
Hello, could you please tell me what the top slot measurement is on your Toddler car seat? Also, what slots are allowed for use when rear facing, and what is the rear facing height limit?

Thank you very much,
Mrs. Carolyn XXXXXX
Is confusing or unclear.:rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Gee, it's like you asked her if she should paddle up the molasses river with a peanut butter sandwich in the moonlight but only if the cat is in your Chevy.

LOL, Just kidding. But it's making me wonder if maybe FMVSS is no longer insisting on an RF height limit? Has Britax ever had one since the RA was 30 inches 5 years ago? How could she not understand 'what is the top slot', though??? :confused::p

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Maybe it doesn't have slots and it's an adjustable headrest deal?

I agree, though, sounds kind of stupid for someone who works for a carseat system that costs upwards of $1000 from start to finish.

Wendy

CandCfam

I got an answer.:thumbsup:

Hi Mrs. XXXXXX,

The top slot measurement for the Orbit Toddler Car Seat is approximately 18 inches.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you again for your interest in Orbit Baby,

Krystel
Orbit Baby
www.orbitbaby.com

nylle

Yep, the whole system is made in China. Cynthia (One of the only reps, afaik...very small company) came to our store when we started carrying the Orbit, and I asked her about the China manufacturing...she said that it was manufactured in China, but that they had very stringent inspections....? I don't know, didn't make a lot of sense. But if it's anything like the Infant carseat, it will be very well thought out. The infant seat was literally the easiest seat I have ever taught a family to install. It was awesome.

Ellyn

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, 18" top slots? That means pretty much all kids will fit the seat to the full 50lb weight limit then.

Maybe the props they mention make it upright when it's installed ff'ing?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC