Harness Straps

B

Babydoll508

Harness Straps

Is it ok to throw the harness strap in the washer, ours is covered in spit up and it doesn't come off by just wiping it.

ADS
C

Caviller

Please check your manual first, then... (more)

...call the manufacturer if the manual has no instructions.

If no details are given, then hand wash is usually the preferred option. I've also put mine in the gentle cycle with Woolite in warm water and let them air dry. It is probably best to avoid bleach or strong detergents which may weaken the straps.

Ours still have some old fruit juice stains. In the worst case, the manufacturer may have replacement harness/straps for your model.

Good luck!

B

Babydoll508

re: harness strap

My dh put the strap in the washer with Cheer Free and then threw it in the dryer to dry.
The manual says not to wash it just wipe with water. But we never noticed that before.
They don't seem weak, but I am concerned now. A friend of mine said to just throw them in the wash.

C

carsafety

Re: re: harness strap

It's probably OK if you didn't use bleach, but it might be worth a call to the manufacturer just to make sure!

B

Babydoll508

re: harness strap

They said that I shouldn't have done that, just like the manual said. But we didn't realize it until later.
Why would anyone use bleach anyway, it would discolor the straps.

I am somewhat worried, but also we will be changing his carseat soon. So I guess I shouldn't harp on it. I did purchase new straps because we plan on selling the seat and I wouldn't sell it that way.

C

Caviller

Re: re: harness strap

Yeah, unfortunately, manufacturers and technicians have to be extremely conservative with recommendations. In particular, we have to stick with what the manual says for liability reasons. Plus, the manufacturer might just have tests that led to their recommendation.

Anyway, please visit again if you have any more carseat selection or installation questions. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC