Ugh, the misuse I saw(and fixed) last night

MommyBoha

I was at work and this girl comes through with her kid, 15 months old in an EB 3-1...installed LAYING FLAT IN THE SEAT. :eek: I couldnt let her leave like that. I asked her to pull over to the side and very nicely explained to her that her seat was not correct, that somehting could happen to her little girl in a crash, that I would hate for that to happen. She had this really scared look on her face after that. She asked me if I knew how to correctly install it and I said, yes I do and I will if you'd like me to, but you will also need to get your seat checked with a tech. SO I explained to her ERF, and she was very receptive. I installed the seat RF and she was like, Well I tried to get it in like that, and I couldnt, so I just layed it flat on the seat.
I told about this site, that there were great techs on here and that she needed to find a tech here that would double check her seat.
I have NEVER stepped in like that(I could get fired from my job if I did all the time) but I honestly couldnt let her drive off.

ADS
as scary as that is i can pictur this little girl lying on her back legs in the air....it makes me laugh. then wonder why would you do that even if you couldn't get it in backwards why not turn it around so it is at least sitting the right way(upright).

HEVY

as scary as that is i can pictur this little girl lying on her back legs in the air....it makes me laugh. then wonder why would you do that even if you couldn't get it in backwards why not turn it around so it is at least sitting the right way(upright).

:yeahthat:

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! I can also picture this & also wonder why she didn't just turn her FF. That is SO great that you stepped in, helped her out & that she was receptive & LET you do it. Sounds like she really had NO clue what she was doing when it came to her car seat!
Ok....on a side note...where do you work?? I am just curious.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I know in my cert. class we had a 'hall of shame' misuse powerpoint. The first (and worst) misuse pic is one of a younger girl - maybe 8-9 months? - laying flat rear-facing. It's a shocking thing to see, really.

firemomof3

WOW, thats so great that you stepped in to help!!
I saw a tiny 13mo. FF with a winter jacket on, straps loose and car seat all wiggley and I asked if I could please just show her that her car seat was not installed correctly and I could help her..........well she slammed the car door and told me to mind my own buisness. So, I haven't been able to speak up since, what choice of words do you use?! :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC