Best Second Seat???

MissAllyLou

I am a nanny, but I split my time between three different families. In my truck (2003 GMC Envoy XL), I have a Britax Decathalon that I absolutely love, and that works for all three kids I need to fit. But, my mother broke her ankle 2 weeks ago so I have been using her 2005 Nissan Altima to save money on gas prices, and I want to get a separate seat for her car so I don't have to switch back and forth. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Decathalon, but don't want to spend the money on another one (I'm only going to be nannying for 6 more months or so.) Can anyone recommend a seat that would work for a 9 month old who's 21 pounds and tall, a 3 year old who's 28 pounds and short, and an 18 month old who's 24 pounds and long? I'd prefer not to spend over $200. Thanks!

ADS

MomToEliEm

What about the evenflo triumph advance (don't confuse this with the regular triumph though as it has a very short harness and shell)? It could be installed rearfacing for all kids and you could adjust the harness height setting easily for each child needing to sit there (the harness doesn't need to be rethreaded to adjust the height; you use the tabs in the front to adjust the height). For $129, it is a good high harness height seat (17.5" tall and goes to 50 pounds forward facing and 35 pounds rearfacing).

MissAllyLou

I was actually looking at this one last night at Target, but I couldn't get the shoulder straps to lock and that made me nervous ... do you know if there is a way to lock them, or do they not need to lock into place??

smesteph

Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe Convertible Car Seat (made by Britax) makes one that's similar to the Britax Marathon, It's on sale right now for $129.00, at albeebaby.com I heard they are good.;)

houseofboys

I was actually looking at this one last night at Target, but I couldn't get the shoulder straps to lock and that made me nervous ... do you know if there is a way to lock them, or do they not need to lock into place??
They don't "lock" in place. They are designed to rest right at shoulder level once the harness is tightened properly, thus eliminating the worry about the harness being too high or too low.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Yes, I would get the Evenflo Triumph Advanced and rear face all of those kids, you would never need to uninstall it, it will automatically adjust with each child's particular height, and rear faces to 35 pounds so quite a while for each of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC