Flying with children in carseats?, whoever invented this was a genius.

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Personally, I prefer this product. Much more versatile and way less expensive! I used two of them to get 3 seats (2 Marathons and a Roundabout) plus 6 carry-ons through the Frankfurt and Chicago airports.

UlrikeDG

I think Defrost posted a review after she used hers to fly to Alaska & back.

Edit: If she started her own thread, I don't see it, but do a search for "gogo", and you can read several reviews.

natysr

I have the traveling toddler, and I love it.

134287406_pZ2Hc-S.jpg

Chameleon

Personally, I prefer this product. Much more versatile and way less expensive! I used two of them to get 3 seats (2 Marathons and a Roundabout) plus 6 carry-ons through the Frankfurt and Chicago airports.

I have something almost exactly like this! I agree that it is the best at carrying carseats through the airport, and mine folds up and fits under the seat in front of me. I didn't spent a whole lot on it either. :thumbsup:

Neatfreak

Have you used it? Is it pretty sturdy?

I've used it a couple times now. The back of the product itself is merely plastic, and it's not strong like the stuff used for carseat shells, but it supports the weight of my kiddo's Marathon with her in it (over 30 lbs now) without a problem. The telescoping handle part is similar to the same feature on suitcases - alumnum, maybe? The wheels are smooth. It's a huge upgrade over the wheeled bag that I used to use for navigating through the airport!

dhardawa

Yep, I agree. I ordered one for our flight to Seattle in July. I can't wait to play with it. It should be here today assuming DHL doesn't get flooded out of my neighborhood again today.

waterbaby

Ya know, I've talked about these with DH. Having traveled with a couple of GoGo's, I can't help but think these would be so much easier (and cheaper)! I LOVE the GoGo's, but they were time consuming to get on and off the seat. We traveled with two. It's not hard, but traveling with three kids and having to sit and unscrew the brace off the back is just.. ugh. Put them on at the airport, I don't remember if we had to take them off at security, and then off at the gate (because they're too wide to roll down the aisle of a plane), which means we then have to lug three seats on the plane without the rollers. If it was quick off/on AND fit down the aisle of a plan, I'd be ALL over these. We PacBacked two and strollered one the last time we traveled. It was just fine, but PacBacking means we have three toddlers free to roam, with the stroller loaded up. We can usually get one kid on the stroller somewhere, lol.

Was strapping the seat on quick and easy? Does it fit down the plane aisle?

UlrikeDG

Was strapping the seat on quick and easy? Does it fit down the plane aisle?

Most seats, including the Marathons and Roundabout I flew with, are too wide to fit down the aisle, no matter what kind of wheels you have attached. You'll have to lift the CRs up over the plane seats to get them down the aisles.

As for strapping... quick is relative. I just plan on being the last one off the plane. With three kids (last time I flew) and multiple carry-ons, there's just no "fast" anything. ;) Strapping was easy, though. The model I linked has great spot to attach the Marathon's lower LATCH anchors. Click, click, tighten (careful to keep it even), and you're golden. I took pictures back in the day, but heck if I can find them now.

ETA: I almost forgot! The FAs gate-checked the luggage carts for us, too. We didn't ask them to, but the planes were so full that they did it automatically.

liz2d2

We just got back from a trip where we used one with our MA and I cannot say enough good things about it! I did learn the hard way that if you leave it on the seat on the plane (NOT in the car) and don't get a seatbelt extender, then it can be pretty much impossible to get it unstrapped from the airplane seat.

We had to call airplane maintenence, they were kind enough to cut the airplane's seatbelt so we could run to our connecting flight!!

The GoGo Kidz biggest shortcoming is really just that if you're flying coach, the seat didn't fit down the aisle. But I think any carseat is too wide for that aisle.

For the most part, the only reason we'd been bringing a stroller when we fly was to get through the airport easier. The GoGo Kidz solves that, and we have our own carseat with us when we get to our destination.

I got ours off Craig's list for $65, I couldn't justify paying $90 for it. However, now that I have one, I totally get that it's worth $90 or more.

skipspin

A Radian on a regular luggage cart *just* fits down the aisle of the jets that I flew on last fall. It was a lifesaver since I had DD walking and I had DS on my back in a MT, DS's infant seat and my diaper bag. I think I got mine at K-mart for $15.

Neatfreak

The GoGo Kidz biggest shortcoming is really just that if you're flying coach, the seat didn't fit down the aisle. But I think any carseat is too wide for that aisle.

I agree. Even carrying my DD's MA down the aisle in my arms (with or without the Gogo wheels), the seat was too wide for the aisle. I have to lift it way up, and I'm not very tall!

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Ulrike,

You mean this product in the picture ;) :) A much cheaper alternative :thumbsup: That's 2 Roundabout puzzle-stacked on a Samsonite foldable luggage cart (about $30 CAD)

And I could wheel this set up down the aisle (biggish planes anyway)

101_0160.jpg

Btw, our boy was being his usual ham-ish way :)

LilypadMom

Senior Community Member

We just did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I bought the luggage cart at Target for about $30. I was able to attach the seat (a Tattletale) to it with the latch straps and tether, and when the wings of the cart were open it was really secure. My 27lb 2 year old was able to get in and out easily without knocking it off. It was quick to take apart for security, or when it didn't fit down the aisle on the plane. In most cases it was the seat that didn't fit, although the Tattletale was narrow enough to fit down the aisle on 2 of the 6 planes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC