Need Feb/March 2008 MA ASAP

razmajaz

I need one of these today/tommorrow. (We leave on a unexpected trip Wed. AM) Yikes, I know! MIGHT be willing to pay extra S&H for the right deal. Any suggestions?

I have already called: BRU & Target in the area and they do not have any 2008 MAs.

ADS

nhlbluesgirl

You can probably get a Feb/March DOM from BabyCatalog (or similar stores), but you would have to pay quite a bit for overnight shipping. Is there a reason that it has to be 2008? You could probably pick up a late 2007 one from BRU. If you are worried about the 33 vs 35 RF limit, there is no garauntee that you would get a 35# one. You would have to call the various websites to see what they have in stock.

razmajaz

Yeah, it is the 35# RF weight limit that I am most concerned about. But, at this point, I think I am just going to have to go with the other one, since I need one so soon. I'm bummed, but still excited for him to start riding in a new MA!

2wild

I got a MA from Albeebaby, it's either Feb or Mar 2008 (sorry, can't remember right now)....but it is a 33 lb rf limit. They were very nice about checking DOM
when I emailed them, but when I tried to find out (over the phone) about the
rf weight limit the person I spoke with knew nothing about car seats.
Maybe you could email them with both questions? The one I got was
http://www.albeebaby.com/br20macocars12.html (pay no attention to the 30lb rf limit it say there....)

barnfield

Sticker on the seat itself or on the box?

In other words, if I call Albeebaby (or other seller) can they tell by looking at the box whether it is 33 or 35?

2wild

Just checked my box, it only has DOM...so unless they know when Britax
started making the 35 lb-ers, then no. Maybe you could call Britax and ask
what DOM to look for, then ask Albeebaby? Or maybe there is someone at
Albeebaby who might know. I suspect the closeout MA I got has something to
do with it being 33lb rf - maybe the last of the breed?

libranbutterfly

I thought they also changed the box design? Don't quote me on that though. DOM is the best best I think. i'd say closeou3t MAs are definately 33 lbs.

2wild

Someone just posted on another thread that they got the same seat
(brownstone 2008 from albeebaby for $209) and it is a 35 pounder. FWIW

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC