Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Nautilus... are Matrix, Bravo the same fabric?

My recollection is that people here have said that Matrix is the same type of fabric as the Bravo sold at WalMart?? Is that true? I looked at a Nautilus at WalMart a week or so ago, and didn't really like the fabric -- not terrible, but not really very pleasant to touch, IMO....

Just wondering, as the Nautilus has disappeared again from our local WalMart (according to the super-reliable WalMart store finder utility anyway), and AlbeeBaby now has the Matrix available online.

And when is the Galaxy supposed to appear at BRU? Is that still sometime in April? End of April? Or does no one really know? I would really prefer the seat with a nicer cover fabric, and without those ugly 65lb, 100lb tags stuck on it (I know they're informative, but I don't need to be constantly informed, LOL).

TIA, Katrin

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: Nautilus... are Matrix, Bravo the same fabric?

Yes, they're the same type of fabric, just different shades of gray. It's kind of meshy and reminds me of running shoes. I don't know when BRU will get the Galaxy ones. I thought it was end of March, but maybe it was April. You can switch the harness covers so they're backward. Then you won't see the 65 lb sticker all the time.

Carseat Crazy mommyto2angelgirls's Avatar

if you go to gracos website
    http://www.gracobaby.com
    you can see the different colors of the covers. the are really all shades of with black or darker grey on them. i wrote cs and asked for a girl print like they turboboosters. but anyway graco just posted them on there site a few days ago i think that is why finding them is so hard. i don't think they anticipated them being such a quick seller in such high demand.

i agree the labels for weight are very ugly
    DD1~5yrs~43.5lbs~42 inches~14.5inch torso~FF in a MA, Nautilus and Apex 65
    DD2~23 months~26lbs~33inches~RF in a MA and EFTA
    Little girl I babysit~3yrs~30lbs~35inches~FF in an Evenflo Triumph
    Baby #3 due in Dec~infant seat TBD~any advice??

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    Yes, they're the same type of fabric, just different shades of gray.... You can switch the harness covers so they're backward. Then you won't see the 65 lb sticker all the time.
    We switched the harness covers around on ours.
    CPST & Mommy to three wonderful kiddos...
    DS#1 - 12.5 years - Seatbelt
    DS#2 - 10 years - Backless TB
    DD - 5 years - Flora XTSL & Orange Parkway

CPS Fanatic

Thanks for all the replies... guess I'll wait, and hope BRU gets the seat sooner rather than later. And maybe the Britax Frontier will really appear in May , so one could actually compare the Nautilus and the Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyto2angelgirls View Post
    if you go to gracos website
    http://www.gracobaby.com
    you can see the different colors of the covers. the are really all shades of with black or darker grey on them.....

i agree the labels for weight are very ugly
    Yes, the pictures on the Graco site are what I was going by, when I said I was hoping for a nicer cover fabric -- the Galaxy fabric looks softer (than Bravo and Matrix), and, to my eye, a somewhat more pleasing rendition of the universal gray theme. Also, it doesn't seem to have the unattractive weight labels on the seat and the harness cover...

Katrin

Senior Community Member Mom2One+One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houseofboys View Post
    We switched the harness covers around on ours.
    Same here! We switched ours!

Melissa
    Mama to:
    DS - 01/08/06 and DD - 10/14/14