Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I actually saw a ....

correctly used car seat!!!!! This is the first one I have ever seen (that I didn't meet through this board) and she's never seen a tech! At walmart of all places. A designer 22 with 1 piece chest clip, not the best but better than the safest seat used incorrectly. Straps were tight, chest clip at armpit level and head within the shell - perfect. Just amazing. Proof they are listening.

Unfortunately, I am terribly pesamistic and keep thinking "yeah but I bet she has the base facing forward" because I just cant believe there are people out there who use them correctly who aren't members here!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: I actually saw a ....

Anna, Canadian (living in Indiana, U.S.) mommy to: Aaron born April 2005, 57 lbs, SK Monterey. Liam born at home June 2009, 47 lbs, Britax Frontier with harness. Matthew born at home August 2011, 37 lbs, ffing Evenflo SureRide.

Walmart is the worst place for carseat usage around me. Even my DH notices.

Crystal, CPST Mama to Zoe 11/30/2006 , Ollie 1/3/2010 , Eli 9/24/2012 and Baby Isabel 7/23/2015

Fortunately the misuse rate isn't 100%. Some people are paying attention and get it right. Did you invite her to join us?
    Liz
    Mom to:
    Rachael (11/03), Emily (8/06), and Naomi (1/09)

I feel a little weird when I catch myself staring at the person next to me at the stop light or wherever...usually it just upsets me when the car seat is used incorrectly anyways, so I'm trying to quit even looking lol. Very rarely do I see one used right, so when I'm buckling up the girl I watch when we're in public places (she's in a carrier), I make it extremely noticable that its tight enough and I obnoxiously move the chest clip lol. Sometimes I even tell the kiddo why I've moved it up!! (Hopefully somebody will hear/notice me) I'm crazy man!
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Yay! I've seen a few 100% correct at checks recently, and I always feel like I'm missing something when there's nothing wrong.

It's always nice to see parents doing it right.
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.