I actually saw a ....

Ashley_R

correctly used car seat!!!!! This is the first one I have ever seen (that I didn't meet through this board) and she's never seen a tech! At walmart of all places. A designer 22 with 1 piece chest clip, not the best but better than the safest seat used incorrectly. Straps were tight, chest clip at armpit level and head within the shell - perfect. Just amazing. Proof they are listening.

Unfortunately, I am terribly pesamistic and keep thinking "yeah but I bet she has the base facing forward" because I just cant believe there are people out there who use them correctly who aren't members here!

ADS

abacus2

Fortunately the misuse rate isn't 100%. Some people are paying attention and get it right. Did you invite her to join us? :D

Mae

I feel a little weird when I catch myself staring at the person next to me at the stop light or wherever...usually it just upsets me when the car seat is used incorrectly anyways, so I'm trying to quit even looking lol. Very rarely do I see one used right, so when I'm buckling up the girl I watch when we're in public places (she's in a carrier), I make it extremely noticable that its tight enough and I obnoxiously move the chest clip lol. Sometimes I even tell the kiddo why I've moved it up!! (Hopefully somebody will hear/notice me) I'm crazy man!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yay! I've seen a few 100% correct at checks recently, and I always feel like I'm missing something when there's nothing wrong. :eek:

It's always nice to see parents doing it right. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC