Widest Umbrella Stroller?

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
We're going to Disney in May and DD is 5.5 and she's a really good walker, but i'm starting to doubt that she'll last 8 days of walking around various theme parks and around the resort to the bus stop.

I have a Mac Quest that I stored in the basement and she fits (she swears it's comfy, but she looks a little cramped) I know Mac makes a Techno XLR which is wider, but from what I researched, it's just an inch wider. I don't think selling my quest and buying the XLR is justified just for an inch of room.

Does anyone have an XLR that they can personally measure the width of the seat? Does anyone know of a "wider" umbrella stroller? I'm sure this will be our last stroller extravaganza so there is no way i'm spending a ton of money. And this is coming from an ex stroller freak (were talking 15+ strollers for 1 kid!)

I'm just looking for suggestions because i've been out of the stroller loop for a few years. Or if anyone is willing to swap an XLR for a Strawberry Fleur Quest, let me know!

ADS

indigoblossom

the XLR is the widest umbrella stroller, i'm going to bet.

i'm in the market for one and have been looking up all i can, trying to decide on the best color and price. i don't think you'll find one for less than $195 but if you're willing to do a BIN on the tan/crimson on ebay you can get one now at that price, so it will be pretty spendy but better than $350 for a 2008 model.

i read somewhere that the XLR is 10% wider than the XT, whatever that means. what i think is more helpful, is true measurements, but the width of the XT is reported as being 19" and the XLR is 21", though i think the wheels extend past the seat enough to where that's probably what their measuring, which isn't very helpful :(

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey, you might want to look at the Urbe... it's only 139 and it's NOT TIPPY... I have pictures of a big kid in it, but they aren't mine so I don't want to post them here...I'll pm you :)

ali's mom

I have the Techno XT and LOVE it! I went through a lot of strollers before I found this one. I have used it for a newborn up to a 5 year old and it pushed and handled the same for all of them.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If I have a need for a new stroller in the near future, I would DEFINITELY consider getting a Techno XLR. While it is large, I LOVE IT! :love:

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
LOL There isn't any way I can go for a 35 or a 40 lb weight limit. My little linebacker passed 40 lbs when she was 3. Thankfully she's slowed down a lot in the past 2 years!

indigoblossom

i just got an XLR after those comparison pics, too. the wider seat and higer weight limit were selling points and i read a review that said it wasn't as "tippy" as lighter macs, like the quest or ryder. not sure if that's true, but i am a firm believer in small ankle weights (or the ones made specifically for strollers) above the front wheels. it improves the balance greatly!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC