Update to 17 Month Old RF again!!!!!

Mommy2Marcus

:D
Hiya Ladies! He did AMAZING! He didn't complain in the least or get sick the entire time! I am SO happy. DH is not so happy about me returnng him, but I am not turning him back FF as he did so good RF! I even went out & bought an EFTA so that I could leave him RF as he just barely had an inch over his head in the AO I had! I LOVE the EFTA & he has at least 5 inches of growth left before he needs to be FF & that is with the padding in the bottom & using the head pillow so I am thinking without those he will probably have 6 inches to grow...so he should make it to 2 at least now. He weighs 26lbs fully dressed! I am SO happy. I am going to make DH watch the crash test video as he is not so keen on me RFing him again as he has been FF for 5 months now! Thanks for the encouragement & well wishes! I will take pics of him in the new EFTA to show you, but I unfortunatly can not take pics of him in the AO for comparison as I forgot my camera & I gave my AO to my brother & sil for my 5 month old nephew...it was only a little over a year old...was going to seel it, but they needed it & could not afford another seat for him! So there is my story! Thanks for all the well wishes!

ADS

houseofboys

Yay! I've been wondering how your sweetie did newly RF again! :) I'm glad that he's grown out of the carsickness so your can do ERF with him. My DH was really surprised by the difference between the FF & RF crash tests. I'm sure yours will be, too.

keri1292

I was wondering how he did. When you didn't come back, I figured he vomited all over the car and you were too angry with us to come back and tell us. :p

Seriously, I'm glad he did so well! :thumbsup:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Awesome news!!!! I'm so glad he is doing well!!!

I just became a tech and one of our instructors used a great analogy. They said that small kids heads are like a bowling ball on a toothpick. Small kids are simply WAY top heavy b/c their heads are proportionatly so much bigger than the rest of their body. So, when ff, they are under so much more pressure when their head flies forward than an older child/adult whose head is not so insanely huge/heavy compared to the rest of their body.

Mommy2Marcus

I was wondering how he did. When you didn't come back, I figured he vomited all over the car and you were too angry with us to come back and tell us. :p

Seriously, I'm glad he did so well! :thumbsup:

LOL!!! No the reason I didn't update or come back was b/c I left for out of town the day I posted & I could not for the life of me remember the url to the site! I tried everything I thought it might be & just never got it. I am SO happy with the fact that he is RF again. I have always wanted to do ERF since I seen that video on youtube as I was LIKE WOW! So I just had to reply to you...I got a good laugh out of your reply! I would not have been mad at anyone had he of puked all over the car! I would have simply cleaned it up & turned him back around which I am SO SO SO happy I didn't have to do! The Marathon in DH's car is still FF as he has not rode in it since I turned him back RF, not to mention DH now thinks I'm NUTS! I am going to show him the video that convince me! Thanks again Ladies!

minismom

I'm happy to hear it went well with your DS RF! I also had to struggle with my dd getting carseat in her infant seat. I switched her to a RF convertible 3 months ago, stared using motion sickness bracelets, opening the windows, taking off her sweater so she's not too hot and making sure she's not on an empty stomach and hasn't had too much liquid before the ride. Today was the first time she got sick in all those months. So don't panic if sometimes you still have "accidents"... I'm thinking today had more to do with the apples pieces she ate without chewing (guess how I know she didn't chew?) than the car ride. I also put a bib on her over the harness and a cloth over her lap, so at least if she does get sick it's less messy!
Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC