RF stap height question

cryswilkins

My DD is RF in a MA. Until today she was in the lowest slots. I moved them up, but I am not sure if they are OK, there are a smidgen above her shoulders. Its hard to tell, because the slots on the cover don't line up, they are above the slots in the actual shell.

I put a butter knife in the slot to see and it was even with her shoulder, is that OK. She was starting to look smushed with them in the lowest setting.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If she looked smushed, I'd move them up. There's an issue with spinal compression (in a bad crash) from straps being too low RF, so I err on the side of just slightly above when the other option is smushing :thumbsup:

natysr

Jordan was like that when I first moved them up. They would appear right at his shoulders when I first put him in. Then after a car ride, he would settle in the seat (like chips in a bag I guess. :p) When I would take him out, they would appear above his shoulders.

I think they are fine moved up.

cryswilkins

Ok that is kind of what I thought too.

My DH, he cracks me up, I have pounded the below shoulder rule in his head so he was all worried. Better than not caring I guess.

wildeyes

If she looked smushed, I'd move them up. There's an issue with spinal compression (in a bad crash) from straps being too low RF, so I err on the side of just slightly above when the other option is smushing :thumbsup:

like no more than a fingertip's width right?? i guess that would be about 1/4ish of an inch or so?? maybe a lil more, once i looked at my finger...

cryswilkins

She must have grown some from the picture in your siggy! ;) :love:

Yup, that was in Oct. She has grown 3 inches :eek: since them mostly in her legs, but her torso is catching up. I need to update that picture, but he is so busy all the time that I have a hard time getting her to take a break for a picture.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC