ha! finally outsmarted the ALR!

Mae

So today I attempted to re-install my car seat, yet again. You've probably heard my problem... it's a lap only ALR and I needed just ONE more click to get the car seat in tight enough *for MY standards, that is*... so I thought "hm. maybe if I weighed just a little more... or, maybe have somebody a bit bigger help. No..I want to do it all my myself!" So I finally got it! I pulled out two 15lb weights that were laying around from the old weight lifting bench and viola! Instant 30lbs! I'm so excited! It's always passed the 1 inch rule, but I think they shouldn't move at ALL, and I finally got it!!! woooo-hoooO!!!! :D:D

Sad part, it took me FOREVER to figure it out.. :doh:

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Have you tried unbuckling to let it retract another click or rocking back and forth? You won't always have the weights with you if you need to reinstall it away from home.

Mae

that's what I had originally tried.. unbuckling and letting it retract, but it was a no-go, so had to either leave it or try it with the weights. so I went ahead and tried it and it worked..hopefully I won't have to reinstall it and if I do and I'm not home, I guess I'll have to have somebody else sit in the seat... I've only taken the car seat out maybe twice.. there's usually no need to, so I'm not too worried

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I can't do the unbuckle, retract, rebuckle thing by myself. I *have* to have at least one extra pair of hands. However, I can't remember the last time I had to use that trick. I've found that I can get almost all the slack out of a belt just by rocking side to side and pulling the slack out at the same time. Bouncing can also work, but I find that it requires slightly more coordination, and I'm not the most coordinated person in the world to start with. ;)

houseofboys

I've - on occasion - stood in the car seat and pushed against the ceiling of the car with my back to get more weight in the seat. :rolleyes: I had to do this with our old FP Grow-with-Me to get a tight install in DH's old Civic.

Last edited:

sb518

I've - on occasion - stood in the car seat and pushed against the ceiling of the car with my back to get more weight in the seat. :rolleyes: I had to do this with our old FP Grow-with-Me to get a tight install in DH's old Civic.

:ROTFLMAO: I would love to see that.

courtfrog2

Make sure that you bring the weights with you if you ever help someone else install their carseats...LOL.

Mae

I tried to push off the ceiling... I was too short lol--actually I guess the ceiling was too tall.. I'm about average height!

skaterbabs

I do that all the time. lol

jdchic3

Hmmm. Maybe THIS is how all the recline mechanisms on the Britax seats are getting broken...... lol!

Mom2One+One

I had to do that with the Scenera every time!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC