Can someone ID this seat?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm thinking this must've been an OHS seat with the shield missing? It's advertised as rf'ing & ff'ing. I can't find it in the pictorial though. It's eddie bauer.

b88a_20.JPG

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmmm... I don't recognize that one.

I don't see a place for an OHS to attach, though. I had an Eddie Bauer OHS (before I knew better!) and the shield was attached right on the side, with an obvious attachment point.

Hmm...

djma

It looks like an Evenflo Medallion. I know they had several cover options. It is a 5pt harness. I'm pretty sure it's close to expiration if not already expired.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes! Medallion! I recognize that yellow sticker on the side. I don't think that model even came with a sheild, but it had the indentations on the side just in case (most convertibles do). It has a crotch strap (older shield seats had the buckle indented into the seat shell), and you can see the hip straps going into the side. It only had 2 harness positions (Bottom RF, Top FF), and a nice big flat reclining base (guaranteed not to dent your seat). Also see the nice slits in the fabric for RF installation? That used to be a very common feature (Fisher Prices had a flap of fabric to cover the belt so your kid wasn't sitting on it... new seats where you have to basically peel the cover back kind of suck, IMO, those slits are foolproof...).

Ok, so much for that trip down memory lane (mine was much cushier, but the same basic shell...and CR said it was better than a Britax, so there! lol)

cpsaddict

I don't think it's fresh air gear, because those were blue and tan and had some ginormous cushions in it. It looks like a low end Medallion, because all the ones I have ever seen had a velour cover.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ooooh, thanks. :)

I emailed the seller asking for the date of manufacture and a closer picture of the harness. :thumbsup:

I was busy on my local kijiji last night... but so far a new mom has emailed me back asking for some advice, and another has emailed me back arguing about a EU infant seat ok to use in a vehicle in Canada. :p

I emailed the one because she was looking for an "on my way" or a discovery carseat. So I let her know that one was likely to be expired or almost expired, and that the discovery's were recalled in the US so likely to be recalled in Canada at some point too. :thumbsup: She was grateful and I've sent her some further info.

Dillipop

We were given a medallion from someone at dh's work. Although sweet of the woman, it expired less than 2 months after she gave it to use. March 10, 2008 (DOM March 2002) was the expiry date, although imprinted on the back it said December 2006- stupid evenflo!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't think it's fresh air gear, because those were blue and tan and had some ginormous cushions in it. It looks like a low end Medallion, because all the ones I have ever seen had a velour cover.
Yeah, I didn't think so, but I was wondering where the Eddie Bauer idea came from... seemed like maybe FAG (oh, my, that's a bad acronym...) could have also come in a plaid version...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC