Britax Marathon fabric choices....

smesteph

I am trying to find out what the Britax Marathons "brownstone" fabric is like. Does anyone know? I don't want it to be like a micro-fiber feel. I saw the "graystone" at target today & liked that. It's just $70.00 more there than online. I also saw "racer" online & considered that? Is it the same fabric as the platinum? It would match my gray interior in my jeep better:eek:) anyway, I confused! I've never ordered anything online before So I'm kinda worried about that too!? HELP ME!...Thanks,
Steph

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am trying to find out what the Britax Marathons "brownstone" fabric is like. Does anyone know? I don't want it to be like a micro-fiber feel.

Brownstone is a plush fabric, but it is kind of "pebbly." Does that make sense?

I also saw "racer" online & considered that? Is it the same fabric as the platinum?

Yes, Racer and Platinum are the same fabric. :)

smesteph

Thanks! Ya, I understand what you mean about the "brownstone" material. Almost like a couch type material?.. (that's the only visual referance I can think of). I saw the "latte" at target in the roundabout, & I'm assuming it's like that.
Do you happen to know what the difference is in the 2007 & 2008 models?
The 2008 is the brownstone, & I found it at albeebaby for $209.99 that's the lowestprice I have yet seen! Then I found the racer 2007, for $219.99. :confused: I am so indecisive! :eek:

crunchierthanthou

Thanks! Ya, I understand what you mean about the "brownstone" material. Almost like a couch type material?.. (that's the only visual referance I can think of). I saw the "latte" at target in the roundabout, & I'm assuming it's like that.
Do you happen to know what the difference is in the 2007 & 2008 models?
The 2008 is the brownstone, & I found it at albeebaby for $209.99 that's the lowestprice I have yet seen! Then I found the racer 2007, for $219.99. :confused: I am so indecisive! :eek:

no, brownstone is more plush like granite. latte is more like an upholstery or a tweed.

The years don't really mean a whole lot- it's more about the cover patterns. Britax seats on sale at AlbeeBaby are generally closeout covers, but can still be on brand new shells (although that's not always the case). $209 is a pretty good price. 2008 might mean more in the future since they're changing the rf limit, but that's still not a guarantee.

smesteph

hmmm... has anyone felt the "greystone" pattern? I saw it at Target & am wondering if the "brownstone" is the same?...:scratcheshead:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I can't figure out which cover I have. It's plush, and gray. The gray cover I've seen at Target had these boxy-swirls (which I quite liked, actually) - is that the one you saw? The one we've got looks like brownstone, only it's gray, so I guess it's greystone? Anybody know?
IMG_1868.jpg

Anyway, assuming mine's a greystone, no, it doesn't have that micro-fiber-y feel. It's a little velvet-y, but with a crumpled feel. The gray-boxy-swirl one I saw at Target had a very different texture.

crunchierthanthou

Defrost, that's granite in the picture. It's the same texture as brownstone.

Graystone is black on the sides with the gray boxy patten in the center at Target. nice and confusing. :rolleyes:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Defrost, that's granite in the picture. It's the same texture as brownstone.

Graystone is black on the sides with the gray boxy patten in the center at Target. nice and confusing. :rolleyes:

:ROTFLMAO: What were they thinking? Reminds me of a subdivision in a town we used to live in. The street names started out with nature themes - somewhat normal things like "Timber Wolf Lane" and "Grizzly Bear Circle." About halfway through, they started slipping. By the time you got to the end, you were at "Bucky Beaver Street." Seriously!

Well, I got to talking to a woman who lived there about the weird street names, and come to find out, her Dad built the subdivision. He and his crew went out drinking the night before the street names were due to be turned in, and they named those last streets while they were roaring drunk!

So anyway, that's my theory for how we wound up with "Brownstone" "Graystone" and "Granite," but Granite is gray brownstone and greystone is something different entirely!

smesteph

Hmmmm... I liked the greystone feel too. now i'm confused. No wait, I have been confused for the past 2 weeks with all these car seat choices
. Ahh!
:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC