Child death in MN crash

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
:( How awful.

:crying: curious if the 1yo was RF - no injuries at all. What a beautiful child. :(

I wondered that too. But looking at the picture I find myself wondering if a 1yr old would've been short enough that she could've just been under the area crushed by the semi so wouldn't have had the same risks as big sister...

It's so tragic when you see a story like this. Based on the damage to the car and the amount the truck intruded into the passenger space, chances are this crash was unsurvivable for that 4yr old girl no matter how she was restrained. :(

I think the real miracle is that the 1yr old survived.

firemomof3

That is a tragic story, that little girl was so beautiful. This story really scares me though, I have 3 children and my oldest has to sit in the 3rd row of our van. If this had been us, there is no way she would have survived! Doesn't it just terrify you?

aisraeltax

the first story is unclear but reading the 2nd story, it does seem that the child may not have been restrained.

how very horrible for that family though. :(

momtoirs

I've heard that the car was either slowed or stopped on the freeway and that cars were going around her, but the semi was unable to stop. From what I've heard, they are suspecting either a mechanical problem with the car or a medical problem with the mom (driver).

Tina

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC