Question about Nautilus LATCH belt...

Mom2One+One

After I installed the Naut in the center to take pics for Mish, I think I've decided that I like it a lot there. I've always been so very anti-seatbelt that I never used the center position because I couldn't use the LATCH. My Scenera was just soooo hard to get a good install with the seatbelt. The Naut seems MUCH easier to install center than the Scenera. My question is, do I have to remove the LATCH belt (as in take it completely off of the seat) when I'm using the seatbelt? I know not to use both, and I wouldnt be. The LATCH belt would just be hanging there. I know that there are clips for the LATCH belt for storage , but I wasn't sure if that meant I could clip them there when the LATCH wasn't in use or if those are for when the whole seat isnt in use. If I have to take it off, can someone please instruct me on how to do so???? I tried but I cant get that thing off for the life of me. The scenera was attached by a screw. This one is attached with a plastic clip/button type thing.

TIA!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No. Don't take it off. You aren't really supposed to (the rule is, it's removable 'with a tool', which was obvious with the Scenera). Just attach it to the storage hooks and ignore it :)

sb518

I ended up removing the strap that was connecting LATCH to the seat, and completely removing it from the seat when I used the seat belt install. I found that the latch strap interfered with the seat belt install being as tight as I wanted it.

Mom2One+One

I just went out and switched it. MAN that is an easy seat to install. I just LOOOVE it. Anyway...I left it there but I didnt clip it into the storage hooks until I was done. I got a good, solid install with the seat belt.

Anyone have the tipping issues with the Naut? Or is that only with convertibles? THat was the main reason I hated the seatbelt with the Scenera. It seemed like every other day, that booger was leaning sideways.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, you mean like this? http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/TippyScenera

LOL... man, that was bad. But really it depends on how high the belt path is or if there's like a slit in the seat cushion for the seat to fall sideways into. If your Scenera was a little tippy, this may be, too, it might just be your car, but if the belt path is higher, it may not tip at all (it's that shoulderbelt keeping pulling up that's usually the culprit...)

:)

sb518

I'm glad you could leave the strap connected and still get a good install. That makes it much easier to keep track of. :D I never had issues with the GN tipping, it seems like that happens more often with rear facing seats.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
I am currently driving a rental car (2008 Chrysler Sebring) with a Regent and a Nautilus installed outboard. My 2007 Jetta is getting fixed after being vandalized on Superbowl Sunday! :mad:

The Regent..which I was afraid wouldn't fit, went in like a dream. The Nautilus, while in tightly is tipping toward the outside of the car. I was chalking it up to the top tether having to go over the built in head rest...but it definitely could be because of the seat belt. Dd is 52lbs so I'm using the seat belt for installation, not the lower anchors.

I haven't been overly concerned because we are only using the car temporarily.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC